A REAL good skinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond blade will do what you want.

Discover fixed hunting, folding everyday carry, and gourmet knives. Sharp 10X longer than any other knife. Shop now for the perfect knife!

Comment

My brother in law bought me a buck skinner for Christmas about ten years ago. That sucker seems to stay sharp no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Make it easy on yourself, get a havalon.

Comment

I haven't used it as a skinner yet, but I bought the Benchmade Bugout in S30V specifically to meet those requirements. I intend to give it a thorough workout this fall.

Comment

Havalon. I am way too happy with it to look at other skinning knives.

Comment

Another vote for Havalon.

Comment

All of the replaceable blade knives are hard to beat. The Outdoor Edge I like better for cleaning and quartering animals. The Havalon is unmatched in capeing animals out.

Comment

This little dude is pretty awesome for the price and very easy to sharpen when needed.

Comment

I have one I'm finishing up this week if you're interested in a handmade/custom one! 154cm stainless steel w antique ivory and black liners and one of my leather sheaths

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, the Havalon is very sharp. I mean VERY sharp. I'd say almost too sharp. The flesh runs away from the blade it is so sharp and it is quite easy to cut yourself because the blade moves so effortlessly. I have one that I use on hogs because they dull the crap out of your blade. But when it comes to deer. My Cold Steel Trail guide plus is my go to knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                        Outdoor edge replaceable blade knives work fantastic.
                        This is what I use as well

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                          This little dude is pretty awesome for the price and very easy to sharpen when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cu...59&sr=8-6&th=1

I can tell you those are sharp. Ive used them before and cut myself pretty good. They do make great little skinners as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll echo the havalon guys. Love mine. Bought a 100pk of blades for next to nothing. Always razor sharp. There is a learning curve. Broke blades on the first 4 or 5 deer, haven't broken one in last 15-20 I've cleaned with it though

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Havalon.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              No doubt

Comment

Havalon for everything but the backstraps for me. If you haven't used one, it's basically a folding scalpel and the convenience of switching blades when one gets dull is awesome.

I use an A.G. Russell drop point fixed blade for removing the backstraps. Can do it with the Havalon but I prefer the larger fixed blade for this task.

Comment

Working...
                                X