• Show
Clear All

Looks pretty good

Comment

Cool

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Always good to see young people in the shop building stuff!! I'm a knifemaker and if I can help in any way let me know!! Nice job!![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
            Always good to see young people in the shop building stuff!! I'm a knifemaker and if I can help in any way let me know!! Nice job!![emoji106]

I’m sure I could pick your brain a ton for him. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it's awesome that he has such a desire that he doesn't let his limited materials stop him from going for it. And that looks really nice.

Comment

Amazing what he picked up from YouTube. He’s loving it.

Comment

Man, that is amazing!! I didn’t think kids got off their phone long enough to ride a bike anymore, much less something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                    Man, that is amazing!! I didn’t think kids got off their phone long enough to ride a bike anymore, much less something like that.

He doesn’t have a phone and won’t be getting one.

He told me last year, “Dad, I’m the only kid in my class that doesn’t have a phone.”

My reply: “Yep.... and your the only kid with his own quad, the only kid who kill and make squirrel jerky by the pound, and the only kid who has can kill, clean, and process his own buck in your class too.” His reply: “You’re right!....I am”

Phone is the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                      He doesn’t have a phone and won’t be getting one.

He told me last year, “Dad, I’m the only kid in my class that doesn’t have a phone.”

My reply: “Yep.... and your the only kid with his own quad, the only kid who kill and make squirrel jerky by the pound, and the only kid who has can kill, clean, and process his own buck in your class too.” His reply: “You’re right!....I am”

Phone is the devil.

Good parenting right there. Wish I could have a do-over on my 4 boys. I think I'd take that route too. Not complaining too much because they all turned into good men but I still think the phones are working against us as parents.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say that after that thing has seen some serious use within the family it should go into a shadow box and hung on his wall.

Comment

Gus wants to know if doing what he did to the stainless makes it even a half decent blade from a hardness standpoint or will it be just for show?

He really wants to use it....

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                            Gus wants to know if doing what he did to the stainless makes it even a half decent blade from a hardness standpoint or will it be just for show?

He really wants to use it....

honestly I would say no, just because of the steel used, but he can sharpen it and test it out to see! stainless steel usually needs a higher temp and soak time to harden and then its typically air quenched and then tempered. If he wants to do another, get him some 1084 carbon steel...its pretty easy to heat treat and would work well!

Comment

honestly I would say no, just because of the steel used, but he can sharpen it and test it out to see! stainless steel usually needs a higher temp and soak time to harden and then its typically air quenched and then tempered. If he wants to do another, get him some 1084 carbon steel...its pretty easy to heat treat and would work well!

Thank you!

Comment

This is awesome...great to see his DIY ambitions at such a young age...Good job Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X