School me on Cummins mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a ram 2500. I've already to the windows tinted, a 2" level kit, and new wheels and tires installed. I've got my bumper picked out and will order them shortly.

This is my first diesel truck. I don't know jack about modding these things. What are some affordable mods...lets say $3k or less? I'm thinking CIA, 4" turbo back exhaust, tuner, delete...

What brands would you recommend for these items? How much power would it add? Can I get the above done for $3K? What kind of power can the transmission tolerate? What about the head gaskets? In what order would you do the mods?

To any mechanics or truck fanatics here, I would really appreciate your feedback.

Finally, do you have any recommendations to make for folks to do this work for me that are in the Wise, Parker, Tarrant Co area?

Brand new truck? Warranty?

Comment

Google Texas Diesel Power in Weatherford. John Robinson has the trophies on the wall to back up his recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
        dis right cheer

I bought my first last year. It will stay stock until it isn't under warranty any more. Too big an investment to give them a possible out if anything goes wrong for me.

Comment

Smarty jr programmer. Gauges for trans, and egts. Intake and exhaust. Whole different truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
            38K mi. Bumper to bumper is out. Power train has 62K left. I'm not waiting 62K miles to mod.

Comment

Rip off egr, dpf, scr and you have a hell of a truck!

Comment

what year

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  what year

Comment

EFI life for delete tuning. You can either go with EZ Lynk or CSP 5 switch. I don’t know much about EZ Lynk so I also added an Edge Insight Monitor for gauges. Up to 200rwhp extra. You’ll toast your transmission if you are stupid after adding that power.

Then all I did on mine was turbo to muffler exhaust. Cold air intake won’t gain you much if anything even tuned. I did stud mine as well.

All that together should be slightly over $3k.

I second Texas Diesel Power in Weatherford to do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      EFI life for delete tuning. You can either go with EZ Lynk or CSP 5 switch. I don’t know much about EZ Lynk so I also added an Edge Insight Monitor for gauges. Up to 200rwhp extra. You’ll toast your transmission if you are stupid after adding that power.

Then all I did on mine was turbo to muffler exhaust. Cold air intake won’t gain you much if anything even tuned. I did stud mine as well.

All that together should be slightly over $3k.

I second Texas Diesel Power in Weatherford to do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I toasted my 68rfe by the camp fire one night!

People often don’t understand why my wife and I keep separate bank accounts.

I sleep well at night not having to explain why I paid $6500 to blow a tranny.

Last edited by Black Ice; 10-20-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

😳 might want to rephrase that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                          Smarty jr programmer. Gauges for trans, and egts. Intake and exhaust. Whole different truck

No to a smarty programmer for a 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

😳 might want to rephrase that![/QUOTE]

Lmao

Comment

Look into calibrated addiction tunes, MM3 tunes and ezlink are good options, they offer trans tuning as well to help the notoriously weak 68rfe hold up better. Head studs would be a good thing if your wanting to mash the loud pedal all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X