Scoring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoring Question

I shot this deer at my Oklahoma lease this past year and just picked up the euro mount this afternoon. I’m not great at scoring but usually can get within 2-4 inches.

Question on how I score this base on the right side? Above that area? No room below. Right at the widest part? Never seen a “growth” like this one before. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say below it but I'm more of a SWAG'er

Comment

For the first measurement technically, you have to look for the lowest/smallest measurement you can find between the base and g1(brow). From the pic....Looks like it will be taken right below the g1 but above all the extras.

Comment

Very nice!!!! Heck of a cool buck by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          For the first measurement technically, you have to look for the lowest/smallest measurement you can find between the base and g1(brow). From the pic....Looks like it will be taken right below the g1 but above all the extras.
          Yep, what Brandon said is correct. You can try low but stay off the burr. Nice deer , congrats!

Comment

Really nice deer. As others said, smallest measurement should be used.

Comment

This is my understanding. Great looking buck.

Comment

Wow. I have no clue on the tape, but congrats.

Comment

Cool looking buck, congrats

Comment

Smallest measure above base and g 1 (Browtine) The additional 2 points I would score from the beam to the tip of each point. I've seen scorers score the 2 points like that way and also as only one point. I would score as 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                      Yep, what Brandon said is correct. You can try low but stay off the burr. Nice deer , congrats!
                      Yep and yep. Always the smallest point. Nice buck!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Smallest measure above base and g 1 (Browtine) The additional 2 points I would score from the beam to the tip of each point. I've seen scorers score the 2 points like that way and also as only one point. I would score as 2 points.
                        Thanks everyone! This was going to be my next question so thanks in advance for answering. I appreciate the insight.

Comment

There are only 2 scorable NT points on that base. To be scored as a point, the point has to be longer than bas of that point, basically the point is usually at least 1 inch in length.

Oh and congrats, heck of a buck!

Comment

Use a cable to measure at smallest point above burr-before 1st point.
                            Nice deer.

Comment

Official measurements need to be with a flexible steel tape, especially circumferences.

Comment

Working...
                              X