Feeder Productivity?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder Productivity?!

Put up a test feeder up 2 weeks ago. Starting week 3 yesterday. Only thing that's shown up is 1 squirrel - no deer, hogs, turkey, or even raccoons (which all are active on all are other mobile game cams). I thought the camera was broken - did a test and its functioning properly.

How long should I wait before pulling/moving it?

Mine have been dead for a while. There is a LOT of green for them to eat right now.

Comment

Leave it and plan for it to not be productive this season.

I have one I’m currently taking that approach with that was set up 8 days ago, sporadic traffic at best. They’ll find it but kind of building on what Shwacker said, it can take some time. Let it run and they’ll find it.

Comment

Wow I can't imagine nothing wanting to sneak in for some candy corn at some point in 3 weeks.

Is the corn just piling up?

My feeders aren't getting hit hard, but there is some activity here and there.

Comment

Mine are barely feeding coons and hogs.

Too green and the cornfield is about ready to pick. At that stage you can't drag them out with a chain.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Is the corn just piling up?

My feeders aren't getting hit hard, but there is some activity here and there.
            It's a drop style feeder. I put about a 1/3 of corn spread on the ground.

I too have noticed a drop in visitation, especially the last week on my other game cams on the property.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              Mine are barely feeding coons and hogs.

Too green and the cornfield is about ready to pick. At that stage you can't drag them out with a chain.

Good point we are surrounded on 2 sides by corn fields. I'll give it some time.

Comment

It's like this every year. They'll turn off the feeder until he picks corn. Then they continue to pick up ground spillage but start returning to the feeder.

Comment

Working...
                X