Choosing grass for yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

For those of y'all planting around/under trees, did y'all do any roundup and/or preemergent? I'm hesitant to spot spray weeds with roundup so I don't damage the Oaks.

Comment

Grass came in great for the most part… I’ll take a few more pics tonight.

It wa alike the last pallet we laid didn’t take the same as the first three… very odd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          Buffalograss
          x2

• Buchloe dactyloides Prestige™ is a native buffalo grass selected by the University of Nebraska for its moisture and humidity tolerance • A preffered Buffalo Grass variety in the wet Southeastern US, this versatile grass is also drought tolerant and rarely requires supplemental watering • With a height of 4-6 inches, you can skip mowing for a natural look • Soft, emerald green blades creates a beautiful low maintenance lawn

Comment

i love zoysia in our yard. a great barefoot grass and is thick like carpet. very few weeds and seems to thrive the hotter it gets (unlike st aug in my front yard)

Comment

Just a tip for you zoysia guys. If you ever have to dig in your yard make sure you cut the grass out as clean as possible before digging. Zoysia doesn't "spread" very well so the cleaner you cut it the better at will look when you're done.

Comment

Looking at King Ranch Turfgrass’s website it looks like they’re out of Palisade Zoysia and Celebration Bermuda at most locations, and I don’t see Buffalograss at all.

Are they just out of season?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  i love zoysia in our yard. a great barefoot grass and is thick like carpet. very few weeds and seems to thrive the hotter it gets (unlike st aug in my front yard)

I put El Toro Zoysia around my pool and it hasn’t been mowed in 2 months since I put it down. I’ve never seen a grass grow this slow and my lawn guys are asking me to put it over my entire yard lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm surprised more people don't use blue gamma and/ or buffalo grass. These are native grasses that look and feel amazingly soft at maturity, only need to be mowed 3-4 times a year because they only grow 4-6" high. Because they are natives, they are drought tolerant. The down side - they can be expensive to seed and do need to be watered a lot to establish. If you like to mow or mow too much, you will kill it.

Comment

Working...
                    X