No announcement yet.

Road trip has begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent pic and trip updates, thanks for taking us along.

Comment

What a trip! Great scenery

Comment

Looks like a good trip! Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Nice trip.

Comment

Great pics of some beautiful country. Twin Falls pic is outstanding.

Comment

Almost back home. Over 5,300 miles driven.

Bear Lake is over 18 miles long and 4 miles wide at it's narrowest point.

Here's a picture coming over the mountain when you can first see it.

Beaches were crowded as it's hot up there.

We brought the rain with us.

Comment

Wednesday we picked up our kids from the Salt Lake City airport. What a cluster that was! Light rain and couldn't see most of the road strips or markings. Was like driving in a school of fish and just moved with the pack LOL

Kids wanted Del Taco since we don't have them in Texas anymore. Macho fires anyone?

Got back to Bear Lake at 1:30am. Had to get up and go for a fossil dig. It was much better than I thought. Boys had fun and found lots of fossils. Mine are not cleaned up yet but here are the others.

Comment

Southern Utah pictures. Didn't stop long since we've driven through this way many times before.

Rainbow in New Mexico.

Salmon Idaho picture I forgot to show days ago.

And Whataburger in Lampasas getting close to opening!

Comment

Sounds awesome, Tim.

Comment

It was fun. Already been bit by more bugs being back in Texas for 12 hours versus the entire trip.

Hopefully I can get more (real) pictures posted before long. These on the thread were just taken with my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        It was fun. Already been bit by more bugs being back in Texas for 12 hours versus the entire trip.

Hopefully I can get more (real) pictures posted before long. These on the thread were just taken with my phone.
                        Glad you and the family had a great trip, those are cool pics, thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Had to throw in whataburger ��

Looks like a great trip!

Comment

I wanna hear more about the fossils?

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                              I wanna hear more about the fossils?
                              My FIL set it up. I have to admit I thought it would be dumb. But it was fun.

It was a place like this.
                              Experience the thrill of digging your own fossil fish at our private quarry near Kemmerer, Wyoming.

They give you a thin wedge and chippie hammer. You basically try to split rocks horizontally. We found something about ever other split.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                My FIL set it up. I have to admit I thought it would be dumb. But it was fun.

It was a place like this.
                                Experience the thrill of digging your own fossil fish at our private quarry near Kemmerer, Wyoming.

They give you a thin wedge and chippie hammer. You basically try to split rocks horizontally. We found something about ever other split.
                                If our youngest daughter, Sigrid, had known that places like that existed when we were in Utah six years ago, we would still be there chipping away for fossils!!

Comment

Working...
                                X