Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
    Coworker isnt sure. He may semi retire may find something else.
    I will be fulltime knifemaking/blacksmithing. And selling plants from our grow room we started this year.
    Good for you on improvising and making things work.

Comment

I left my long time job in early March and am now self employed selling OCTG and Line Pipe as a commissioned broker. Steel commodities are going through the roof with low supply and drilling and production activity increasing. Raw material prices are gaining higher and higher prices.

Comment

We have picked up significantly in the last few weeks. Lots of hot jobs with some of the not so hot stuff getting hot before matl even arrives. Then more thrown on top of that! Still see lots of shops real slow, so may be pretty localized. Would love to hire a mill guy but don't know how long it will last.

Comment

Any updates on activity in the O & G fields

Comment

If anyone hears of an opening for an EHS professional, I'm looking

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
              Any updates on activity in the O & G fields
              In the equipment hauling biz it’s real spotty. One week busy as heck the next slow as a turtle. Feels like it’s going back to normal and turn around it crushes hopes on a slow week. I think it has a lot to do with employee shortages. Everyone is at home on covid/unemployment relief. It’s weird because fuel is expensive but not seeing the pick up in work like when fuel is expensive. We ended up shutting our little business down because just can’t keep it up anymore .

Comment

Pipeline construction side is still pretty slow.

We are sending guys to Montana next week, have guys in North Dakota right now, and hopefully be starting a job in Alabama and a job in Tennessee soon also. But not a lot going on close to home.

Comment

I dropped some bits and AccelGlide (low pressure drop vibration tool) for an operator in SW Colorado yesterday. Wife was able to join me for a few days in the mountains!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    I retired a couple years ago from O/G, Almost 40 years of it. It sure was not as much fun towards the end as when I started....and I wont miss being directly affected by the down turns.....hang in there
                    I retired 1/4/21 from an big E&P group. Last few years was painful Definitely glad to be out of the ups and downs, but overall it was good for me and my family for 39 years.

Comment

On the manufacturing side we are seeing a steady rise since march or so -- motors are going in the ground for sure and lots of folks are getting back to work.

Being able to go see customers in person again and take them for lunch and drinks has been so nice, made me realize what I truly missed about being in sales!

Comment

Natural gas fueling side is still going gangbusters. CNG demand is through the roof in all basins. We are actively hiring most positions, and are opening our last two oil play facilities next month (North Dakota, Haynesville). Hoping it keeps up for everybody!
                        MZ

Comment

Frac sand been busy as hell out in the permian. Showing to stay that way as well form what we are hearing and seeing but be interesting to see what happens when the next rona spike hits this fall/winter.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

We just picked up our 7th rig in Oklahoma, got one going out around the state line below Toledo Bend as well.
                            Natural Gas around $5.30 and Oil hanging around in the low $70s….

Finding help is about to get worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Hix; 09-16-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Wife got hired back to her former company good to see many back at it [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All I hear from all the service companies I talk to is staffing is the biggest problem.. they can’t get people back to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X