When do you pick a spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
    Draw, anchor, aim, expand till the shot goes off. That's my process anyways.
    Expand .... back tension?

Comment

How many of y'all practice draw on a live deer? Seems to help me. I drew on a doe 8 times and when I shot I hit my exact spot. Sometimes I'll draw on one I don't want to shoot just for practice.

Comment

Pick a spot, Draw, anchor, set gap, focus on spot, pull through the shot

Comment

I pick a spot after he is long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
            Expand .... back tension?
            Yep! Back tension with a clicker. Expand is just the word I use to describe increasing back tension in a rearward direction.

Comment

Originally posted by loco cacahuate View Post
              How many of y'all practice draw on a live deer? Seems to help me. I drew on a doe 8 times and when I shot I hit my exact spot. Sometimes I'll draw on one I don't want to shoot just for practice.
              All the time. I agree it helps.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think when I start to draw it triggers my brain to turn off

Comment

Originally posted by Ferg View Post
                  I think when I start to draw it triggers my brain to turn off
                  If I've made up my mind it's an animal I want to shoot I hit autopilot as well. However it's not so in control I can't let down if the shot opportunity is compromised.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                    I usually stare at the antlers and then fling one over their head. lol
                    Looks like we both shoot alike!!

Comment

I have been using 2 techniques. 1 the typical visualize the hair out of place and then burning hole thru it draw and make good anchor and release. 2 forget the spot and try to visualize the off shoulder and shoot thru the deer to get to it. I seem to have better follow thru and back tension and maybe accuracy when i use the latter. this is especially true when deer are not eating corn so to stay put. I am beginning to lean to the off shoulder visual. I always try to pick a spot even with the former that takes my arrow to the off shoulder but that is different. I had an old bow hunter in Idaho teach me that years ago and I think I do better maybe with it. The problem is when I practice i still use the former pick a spot method. 30 years behind it and still lost haha....

Comment

Spot draw anchor release

Comment

Working...
                        X