When to stop???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to stop???

So, I have been shooting for a few months. My question is when do you folks stop shooting? On a high or a low?? I always like to end with a good shot.

Background: I bought a trad bow a few years back (5ish years back or so) I got a class from the gentlemen that sold me the bow and shot it for months until life got in the way. Fast forward to two months back, I started shooting again. I feel like I am shooting decent IMHO.

My target has a 3 inch inner ring and a 6 inch second ring. And so on. I had not shot all week. So today I finally get out thereā€¦ here is my shot sequence today;

1) @ 15yds - 2nd ring
    2) @ 15 yds - 2nd ring
    3) @ 18 yds - 1st ring
    4) @ 20 yds - 2nd ring
    5) @ 20 yds - 3rd ring but almost touching outer 2nd
    6) @ 20 yds - 2nd rind
    7) @ 20 yds - flyer/mulligan 14 inches from center
    8) @ 20 yds - 1st ring
    9) @ 20 yds - 2nd rind but touching inner ring
    10) @ 20 yds - 1st ring 1/2 inch from bullseye

I call it quits but will go out and fling more after I get some stuff done around the house. This section was better than most. Generally I will get to a point where I start missing into the 3rd and 4th rings but force my self to shoot until I hit the inner ring.

Would it be better to stop when I get discombobulated and come back later or try to regain form by keeping after it? Sorry for the long post.

Always stop when form starts to break down.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot till I’m satisfied with the results. Or as DRT previously commented your form starts to suffer for any reason.

Comment

Working...
      X