Baseball Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball Cards

I used to collect them as a kid but it seemed like there was a big lull in the hobby for years... but boy is it on fire now. I have started to get back into it especially since my boys are getting to the age where they are collecting their favorite players now. Does anyone else collect?

I would also be down to trade for other cards, hunting gear, hunts, etc. I'm sure there are others on there that would do the same.

I dont collect anymore but I have a couple hundred cards I am looking to unload

Comment

I have thousands of cards, un opened packs, unopened cases, hundreds of starting lineups.......

Comment

How do you know the value of what you have? I have quite a few from back in the 90's, early 2000's but have no idea what they are worth. Mostly old Houston Astros players and a few random select others from back in that era.

Comment

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post
          How do you know the value of what you have? I have quite a few from back in the 90's, early 2000's but have no idea what they are worth. Mostly old Houston Astros players and a few random select others from back in that era.
          same here, ton s of cards from the 90s especially. i looked into pricing them several years ago and it seemed like everything has to be graded now and from what i could tell, only mint or near mint cards were worth anything...but i could be wrong.

Comment

I have a bunch if cards from the 50s to the early 90s, basketball, baseball, football and hockey. Lots of rookie cards of super star players. Where can I look them up or sell them?

Comment

Like others, I have a ton from when I collected in the late 80's early 90's. No idea what to do with them now.

Comment

I’m gonna sit on mine. My kids can sell em when I’m gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As jhouse said, individual cards need to be sent off and graded and then you can get a real value. I would only consider PSA as the grading company, they seem to set the standard. Unopened complete sets value can probably be found in the Beckett book, as well as value of graded individual cards. Condition is everything...

I dont collect anymore but did quite a bit back in the late 80's and 90's. About 12 years ago I pulled out my cards and sent some to get graded and was pleasantly surprised. PSA sends them back in a locked hard case and now I actually have something of value. My '89 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. (most sought after card when I was a kid) received a near perfect 9.5 grade.

You can get a general idea of value on ebay. Many graded cards are bought and sold there. OP, I had no idea that the hobby was taking off again. What makes you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                    OP, I had no idea that the hobby was taking off again. What makes you think that?
                    I'm curious of this as well

Comment

Use to have some great cards back when I was a kid, to name a few

George Brett Rookie card
                      Robin Yount Rookie card
                      Ken Griffey jr rookie card
                      Jeff Bagwell rookie
                      Roger Clemens rookie
                      Jerry Rice rookie card
                      Earl Campbell rookie card

A lot more I can’t think of

Comment

^^^If in mint condition, sitting on a kids tuition!

Comment

Still have mine from the 70's

Comment

It was crazy early this year but it’s died down some. I’ve been buying and flipping pretty good. Sold off everything I don’t collect and kept the stuff I like

Comment

A lot of the 80s and 90s cars are known as the junk card era because there were just so many made and cheaper quality compared to today’s card. A lot more money in newer cards unless you have some graded, valuable cards.

Comment

Working...
                              X