Tesla License Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla License Plates

Seems like a lot of Tesla's I see driving around don't have a front license plate, do they not give tickets out for that anymore?

thought this just the other day.

Comment

Hope not, my wife's car hasn't had a front license plate for a couple of years.
      Oh, it's not a Tesla!

Comment

I retired and for tears worked Highway and cant say I ever wrote a ticket for “No Front Lp”. Anymore I dont see people getting stopped much for anything.

Comment

I've not had a front plate for 10 years now. Several states have done away with them, others are in the process. In MI, they did a study on how much money the government saved only having to make 1 plate. I don't recall the exact numbers, but I remember it was quite surprising.

Not to mention it looks way better without one.

Comment

They still ticket for it...ask my dad how he knows!

Comment

Our Lexas does not have a spot to put a plate. Was pulled over once and showed the officer the plate in the trunk and asked him to show me where to drill the holes.
              I guess it would have to go to a body shop to figure it out........

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                Our Lexas does not have a spot to put a plate. Was pulled over once and showed the officer the plate in the trunk and asked him to show me where to drill the holes.
                I guess it would have to go to a body shop to figure it out........
                Bailing wire always worked for me.

Comment

Had my license plate torn off at the Bucees Car Wash and got pulled over for it. Just got a warning.

Comment

My wife’s cars don’t have front plates

Comment

DPS I think is only one anymore that will pull you over. Just because it gives them probable cause. Seize the opportunity. Gave me a warning last time.

Comment

tore mine off season before last on a mesquite stump. I got pulled over 6 times all in Laredo, Zapata, George West, Beeville all by DPS. All gave me a warning.

Its a reason to stop you and check you. I kept all the warnings in my truck and would just hand them to the cop when they walked up.
                        The last on in Zapata did not think It was funny.

Comment

I got a warning from DPS in my Jeep once.

Comment

I've bought a few vehicles from Oklahoma and always made a point to get a license plate holder on the front of the vehicle as soon as possible, I guess it wasn't as urgent a need as I thought. Still probably good though so I can avoid getting pulled over even if its for just a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                              tore mine off season before last on a mesquite stump. I got pulled over 6 times all in Laredo, Zapata, George West, Beeville all by DPS. All gave me a warning.

Its a reason to stop you and check you. I kept all the warnings in my truck and would just hand them to the cop when they walked up.
                              The last on in Zapata did not think It was funny.
                              @Powderburner - I enjoy your humor, even if the DPS did not!

No front plate on my wife's BMW. We keep it in the trunk with the bracket. Told her to tell DPS she has an appointment to get it installed at the dealership if she gets pulled over, which hasn't happened so far. I'm prepared to pay, if required, because I'm not drilling holes in the front bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X