F150 Tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 Tuner

I was given an SCT BDX Tuner. Curious if any of you are running their tunes on you truck?
    Mines a 2020 with ecoboost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running the SCT tuner on my 2015 Ecoboost, I have several tunes from 5 Star Tuning and they definitely make a difference!

Comment

Running 5 star tune through SCT programmer on 2019. It was night and day from factory.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMuley View Post
        I'm running the SCT tuner on my 2015 Ecoboost, I have several tunes from 5 Star Tuning and they definitely make a difference!
        Interested...How is your gas mileage? What tunes did you pick up? Been looking at these but just haven't pulled the trigger.

Comment

I bought the 87, 89, 93 Performance/Tow tunes. I haven’t played with them all yet. Running the 89 right now and really like it. I had a tune from another company that wasn’t near as good as this tune. 5 Star knows their stuff! I have a 6” lift and 35’s which hurt the fuel mileage. I average 17-18 city/highway combined. I lost 3 mpg instantly when I installed the lift and tires when I bought the truck.[emoji85]

Comment

Thanks for the info guys
            What did it do to your fuel mileage ?

Comment

Bump looking for info. Put 2" level and 295 60 r 20 Nittos on my new F150 and the gas milage took a big dive. Looking for anything to help

Comment

I use the sct bdx programmer but only to load custom tunes. That's all a programmer does. I would stay away from any "canned" tunes that come preloaded. I also have the 93 performance, performance/tow, and 87 performance/tow from 5 star. Here's the kicker though.....I upgraded the intercooler, charge pipes, cold air intake, turbos, flanges, and down pipes. There's not a faster F150 3.5 Ecoboost in town, maybe the state.
                I would tell those who have custom tunes (or canned) to at least upgrade your intercooler for the longevity of the engine. The higher boost pressures from the tunes creates much higher temps into the intake which it's very hard on the engine.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                  Bump looking for info. Put 2" level and 295 60 r 20 Nittos on my new F150 and the gas milage took a big dive. Looking for anything to help
                  What's your mileage? There's nothing eco about an ecoboost!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to pinpoint i think ive run 3 tanks through the truck and best average per tank per computer was 15.8 with 60% highway 40% in town. Experementing with 87oct, 90oct non ethanol and 93 oct

My last 2017 would get 21 or so on hwy and 17 in town. With smaller lighter tires.

This one im guessing is 17 on HWY and 14 in town. Much lower. Just hard to believe that much reduction with the tires

Comment

Working...
                    X