Is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good deal?

I'm looking to buy another Bass Tracker boat. I was told they make them cheaper now versus a long time ago. Does anyone know when they got cheap with the hulls/welding? Or if they even did.

The boat I'm looking at is a 2011 Pro Team 175 TXW with a 60 hp Mercury ELPT gas outboard 4-strok

What would be a good price to pay for this boat assuming it was lightly used and in great condition? On one hand it's nearly 9 years old...Looks like new was 16-20k (best I can tell) Maybe I'm way off.

I love boats..But hate trying to buy one LOL Thanks for any help.

And I'll be selling my 2005 Pro 185 Tracker. It runs but needs some work like new carpet, probably new fuse box, and a couple other minor things. I just don't have a mechanic anywhere near where I keep my boat. Would rather have a newer one.

I wouldn’t spend more than 8 or 9k for the 2011. Can get a brand new one for not much more. I’ve seen a lot of bass trackers and haven’t noticed much difference in how they’re built.

Comment

assuming it is in great condition I agree with 8-9K

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
        I wouldn’t spend more than 8 or 9k for the 2011. Can get a brand new one for not much more. I’ve seen a lot of bass trackers and haven’t noticed much difference in how they’re built.
        How much is a new one?

I see on Bass Pro it's $22,600 for a new one.. Geez

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        assuming it is in great condition I agree with 8-9K
        Is that what they go for or are you just saying that's what you'd pay? Experience?

Comment

I bought a tracker tournament v18 off of here a few years ago. It's a 2005 model with a 115 optimax. At the time I bought it my bank had it appraised at $12500

Comment

Hard to tell if it is a good deal. What are they asking for it?

Comment

I would be more worried about the motor than the hull. You can inspect the welds yourself and tell quickly if any are bad - if they were going to fail, they would have by now. These boats are great if you don't beat them up in the rivers and big chop.

do you have any mercury mechanics near you? it is harder to do your own work on these modern outboards. that model should be new enough so a mechanic can download the computer info on hours, rpms, etc.

as far as price, do your own research. these are high production boats that NADA values exist for and there are DOZENs on craigslist/FB marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                How much is a new one?

I see on Bass Pro it's $22,600 for a new one.. Geez

Is that what they go for or are you just saying that's what you'd pay? Experience?
                My dad was telling me a while back bass pro was having a blowout sale on them. They were like 12-15k. Think they were getting the 2018s off the lot

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                  Hard to tell if it is a good deal. What are they asking for it?

Comment

Ranger builds them now. I'm not sure when that started..maybe the last 4 or 5 years.

All Ranger, tracker, mako and Triton roll out of the same shop in flippin Arkansas. Drove right by the factory 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      I would be more worried about the motor than the hull. You can inspect the welds yourself and tell quickly if any are bad - if they were going to fail, they would have by now. These boats are great if you don't beat them up in the rivers and big chop.

do you have any mercury mechanics near you? it is harder to do your own work on these modern outboards. that model should be new enough so a mechanic can download the computer info on hours, rpms, etc.

as far as price, do your own research. these are high production boats that NADA values exist for and there are DOZENs on craigslist/FB marketplace.
                      I know they at least were good boats. I've owned two and ran rivers jumping stumps and rocks..A LOT!

I was just curious if the newer 2011+ models were still built the same as older ones.

And NADA.. I don't trust that. If these boats were really selling for 12-15k for a 2018 model then a 2011 is worth a lot less than 10k. NADA said 11k BTW

I'll look at other ones for sale to try and compare.

Comment

Johnny Morris does own Ranger boats and a few others now but when I toured the Ranger Factory they weren’t building Bass Trackers. Bass Tractor has numerous factories in the Springfield area and around Flippin Ar. Ranger builds a Ranger Aluminum hull boat under their brand but not at the Ranger Flippin Ar factory. Maybe another plant close by builds Some Trackers but most I’ve seen are in Springfield

Comment

Working...
                        X