Atlatl Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlatl Bison

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jMxfopKjM"]Hunting the Ancient Bison. Primitive hunting with the Atlatl & Exploring Experimental Archaeology - YouTube[/ame]

This is a very good video of hunting bison with an atlatl. It is a totally primitive hunt including using stone points and knives. It is a long video, 47 minutes.

Yep. That was accurate in every way as far as I can tell. Virtually 99 percent of what folks call arrowheads are actually atlatl points. He made an easy 30yd throw but I have watched a fellow keep them in a pieplate at 100yd. No doubt natives that threw every day would have been effective at long distances.

The guy I'm talking about literally killed two cow elk with one throw at 60yd.
    Last edited by GarGuy; 11-29-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Just watched the whole video. Very cool!

Thanks for posting Phillip.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Been following him for years. He makes and sells some beautiful stone points as well as a complete Atlatl starting kit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for posting Phillip. It is a very intersesting and informative video. There is also some very useful and unique stalking technique/ information starting at around 31 minutes.

Comment

That's a pretty interesting video. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Wow. Just watched the whole thing. That's pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Yep. That was accurate in every way as far as I can tell.
                How do you know?

Comment

Working...
                X