It's Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Home

I thank God every day for allowing my Family & I to own, and live on such a beautiful, and peaceful piece of property.

This old shinnery can be harsh. It's hot in the summer, cold in the winter, hard to grow thing on, and is like living on a pile of explosives ready to burn/blow at any second, but it is beautiful, and chock plum full of all types of wildlife.

While walking to my hunting stand yesterday afternoon, I walked right up on a big bobcat. Didn't have a gun with me, and not ready with the Bow/Arrow. He ran away to about 50 yards, sat down, and just looked back over his shoulder at me for a good while. I thanked God for that too. :-)

Rick
    Attached Files

Very nice.. Beautiful..

Comment

Blessed

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I lived in a small town (Hawley TX. Population 400) as a kid, but I really grew up that whole time stomping around in this shinnery.

There were no roads, just old two track sandy wagon trails, and not many of them. No fences to speak of, and most of those were down & rusting away.

Barely any homes out in it (a couple close to town). There were a few old (OLD) abandoned homesteads from years gone by. No one to bother, and no one to bother me.

I hiked, camped out, and varmint hunted these bushy woods all my life, and pretty much knew every inch of it for miles (many miles out from town) long before I ever owned any of it.

Back in those days there were no deer, and no wild pigs in this country at all. Just coyotes, bobcats, rabbits, squirrels, quail, and turkey.

It's the perfect habitat for deer, except in the old days there was no surface water to support any big game wildlife, but now, with folks buying it up, and putting in ponds & such, the deer & pigs have moved in, and making it their home too.

Rick

Comment

Sounds a lot like Heaven, to me.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Working...
            X