Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving gun in car would have been safer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    To me I describe it as folded. It comes apart and the barrel attaches to the stock.
    That's BA. Mine don't do that. Just comes apart.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m ****** at myself (and the dude that shared this post with me 🤨 You know who you are) for reading this. But now I’m intrigued and want to know the story about the guy that got shot in the store though 🤔

Comment

Dammit OP…why did you not buy the bags for the takedown like we discussed in another thread? [emoji12]Sure would have saved you a lot of writing.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          I think the guy wrongly assumed it was a gun for sale and was simply looking at it.

I also think you froze in that situation. You should have instantly said something and took back possession of your gun before he had a chance to do anything with it.
          Nailed it.

OP, in the end everything worked out. Put this one in life's lessons and give yourself a break.

Comment

Shoot first ask questions later.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I think the guy wrongly assumed it was a gun for sale and was simply looking at it.

I also think you froze in that situation. You should have instantly said something and took back possession of your gun before he had a chance to do anything with it.
              AC nailed it. The dude was infatuated with the weapon. He has no idea how it operates or caliber. No I'll intentions. The whistle is how he calls his wife (similar to how a fella calls his dog).
              You screwed up and are waaaay over thinking it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                You should have confronted him as soon as he touched it and told him it’s yours.
                My thoughts also. Why the hesitation on saying hey that’s my rifle as soon as he picked it out?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Good morning folks and happy Thanksgiving!

I appreciate everyone's comments. I can see I certainly I have way over analyzed this after it happened. Seeing yalls perspective, I need to chill out.

I am sorry this did not read well. I just haven't had a situation like this happen before and tried to express all the events as the occurred in great detail.

Lastly, I understand as a LTC holder I have tremendous responsibility and it would be an insanely poor decision to even consider anything. I am going to review ways to train for situations like this so that I am better prepared to think through things rationally in small amounts of time.

Finally, I am going to not work on puckering up. As AC said - I froze. Not good. Bad look on my end.

Thank you all for the different perspectives.
                  Good for you for taking the feedback and learning. There is zero reason to consider drawing here. If you had, you may have been the one in hot water for brandishing a weapon. Use your words.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    Huh?
                    Same. Who takes their scopes to get improperly mounted at BP? :-)

Comment

Yeah, you should never take in a naked gun into a store...case it up.

Comment

I never have any drama in my life it seems...

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          Same. Who takes their scopes to get improperly mounted at BP? :-)

Agreed!
                          DIY.......it couldn't turn out any worse.

Comment

One question I have from this is why are you so eager to draw your gun out?????

Comment

So did the guy buy your gun/scope or not?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel dumber for having spent the time to read this “crazy experience” that is a nothing burger.

Comment

Working...
                                X