No announcement yet.

Question about Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you give someone 10K without anything in writing?

Comment

If your not blood you a tough row to hoe ahead of you Any blood relative can step up and trump your “ I have been paying the taxes” argument

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a real estate lawyer to look at this situation and see if you have any viable claim to the title before you spend any more money on this.

Comment

No brainer here. Good luck

Comment

Like Kenny Rogers once said, you gotta know when to walk away, and when to run.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              Like Kenny Rogers once said, you gotta know when to walk away, and when to run.
              Yup.

Comment

What's the land and trailer worth?

Comment

If I followed..I think your wife is entitled to half now given her mothers half would pass directly to your and and her brothers have to his wife.

You paying taxes helps.
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Whose name(s) is/are on the deed right now? That's the starting point.

Comment

I can tell you from experience, this can be a nightmare and take ALOT of time to get it clear. I am a real estate broker of 17 yrs and the above advice to get a lawyer is the best you can do. In the State of Texas, if these people died without a Will, there is an order of succession (wives, exes, parents, kids, etc). You MAY have to find EVERY heir to get this cleared up. Get a lawyer.

Comment

Working...
                      X