No announcement yet.

Grayson/Cooke/Fannin Co

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted this weekend in Gainsville. Saw decent amount of doe and one real small 6 point. Hot weather didn’t help anything. Ready for cooler weather to roll back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah guys looking forward to the weather change! Only had one day in the last 2 months with deer on camera….

Comment

Ditto.

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
        Grayson here. Had some bucks in August but they have vanished. Nothing but pigs coming in now.
        Exact same here.

Comment

Have a buddy that killed a 214 in Cooke County couple days ago, had lots of points.

Comment

Bucks are still together in Western Fannin.

Comment

In Grayson we are seeing more deer movement mostly at night but some daylight activity. Lots of pigs.

Comment

We hunt far north Cooke County, on the Grayson county line, Had some monster bucks in bachelor groups on camera at night only, back in August. It tapered off and now we're at a sporadic buck here and there at 2 am, a doe or two every few days and the big boys have vanished. But we have pigs at breakfast, pigs at lunch, pigs at dinner, pigs at the late night drive through and then those pigs bring their other pig friends. Hoping the deer start coming back around and more regularly, especially during the daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt3469 View Post
                  View for this evening. Me and my 5 year old are waiting for pigs.

Is that Perrin field airport tower in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                    Is that Perrin field airport tower in the background?

Honestly I’m not sure!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      Have a buddy that killed a 214 in Cooke County couple days ago, had lots of points.

That’s an absolute monster!! Any pictures??

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        We are seeing bucks with messed up/poor antlers. Wonder if it’s due to that big freeze because that is not normally what we see at all.
                        Buddy of mine said the same thing.

Comment

(Grayson) Slow. Regular does and fawns, bachelor bucks still hanging around each other. Hogs… Well it’s Texas. It’s been unusually warm. Acorns are now dropping so we’ve shifted our cameras. Usually doesn’t get interesting until 2-3 week of November.

Comment

Not much action in northern Fannin County. Bucks are still together but starting to see a few rubs. Seeing small bucks from the stand. Lots of acorns are falling. Still a couple of weeks and cool front or two away.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Checking in from Grayson. It’s my first year up there. I hit em hard with protein starting in June as soon as I got the property under contract and switched to timed corn sept 1. Got food plot planted last week in Sept. Lots of decent bucks but nothing over about 140”. I’ve got a ton of does so I’m Interested to see what the rut brings out.

Comment

Working...
                                X