No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread....Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather got western at our place Saturday around 6pm. Storms just kept back building just SW of our place. Electric poles snapped, blinds destroyed. We found pieces of blinds 1500 yards from where they were supposed to be.
    The two reveal camera pics. 6:10 blind in back ground. 6:14 She Gone!

Plus side we did get 2 inches of rain on the wheat and oats. Might be hunting from folding chairs instead of blinds from here out!
    Attached Files

Comment

Going to see what this front does over the next few days. Hopefully move some bucks my way!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        The weather got western at our place Saturday around 6pm. Storms just kept back building just SW of our place. Electric poles snapped, blinds destroyed. We found pieces of blinds 1500 yards from where they were supposed to be.
        The two reveal camera pics. 6:10 blind in back ground. 6:14 She Gone!

Plus side we did get 2 inches of rain on the wheat and oats. Might be hunting from folding chairs instead of blinds from here out!
        Dang man sorry to see that. What area is this?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
          My daughter her 1st deer.

Congratulations to your daughter. Also congratulations to mom and you for making it possible for another young hunter to get her first deer. Good luck to her to get many more!

Comment

They are moving cattle off the pasture I hunt witch is a great thing. But how will this effect my deer hunting with the helicopter activity? Only took them about 1 1/2 to finish.

Comment

If any of yall north Texas guys hunt around Olney or go through there on your way to the lease. Stop by my buddies new store, 3T Meats. Hand cut steaks, all kinds of meat, jarred items and COLD beer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                They are moving cattle off the pasture I hunt witch is a great thing. But how will this effect my deer hunting with the helicopter activity? Only took them about 1 1/2 to finish.

I doubt it will effect anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                  If any of yall north Texas guys hunt around Olney or go through there on your way to the lease. Stop by my buddies new store, 3T Meats. Hand cut steaks, all kinds of meat, jarred items and COLD beer.

Thanks for the lead, sounds like a worthwhile stop.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                    I doubt it will effect anything.
                    It didn't much for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post

Don’t threaten me with hand cut ribeyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Don’t threaten me with hand cut ribeyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        How about a double threat with the beer cooler set at 35 degrees

Comment

Just curious what the difference between a hand cut steak versus a sawed steak is, do they taste the same 😀

Comment

Wind is full steam out the north. Krivoman worth its weight this morning!

Couple better deer showed for my dad yesterday evening he give them a pass!

Comment

Its killing me that I can't hunt this weekend! Good luck yall should be a good chance for some LDPS on the thread soon!

Comment

Any of y'all hunting near Throckmorton? Our only hunt up there this year with be November 12-15 and I'm curious how it's looking up there so far. I will be on the Clear Fork of the Brazos.

Comment

Working...
                                X