Honda Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Reviews

Who here owns a Honda? Can you tell me your perspective (pros/cons) based on your personal experience. I feel like I’ve been looking at so many different makes/models that they are all beginning to swirl together, however, I keep ending up back at the Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t beat a Honda atv IMO

Comment

IMHO--------
      Honda,(overall) makes the finest engine, on the planet

Comment

I do not own a UTV but I have a wide range of Honda products including a car, generator, 4 wheeler, and motorcycle. Though others may outperform, I have complete confidence in anything Honda

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          IMHO--------
          Honda,(overall) makes the finest engine, on the planet
          I agree

Comment

Glad to see they did away with the funky roll cage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm on my 2nd yr with a Honda Pioneer. I'm happy with it. Also have a 10 yr old Honda Rancher that runs great. That's the reason I went with the Pioneer when I wanted a UTV. They make a really good engine.

Comment

Just bought one and I absolutely love it! Mine overheated due to there being air in the coolant system but got it burped and it is all good! Another con is heat. With a windshield on a hot day you will sweat bad, but the need for a heater in the winter time should be minimal. Definitely get the power steering. And definitely get a 1000. The transmission in the 1000 is a 6 speed, the tranny in the 700 is a 3 speed that sounds like it is going to explode if you get on it. We pulled a trailer and a deer stand up a boggy clay road all the way across the lease and it never skipped a beat. The 1000 also gets up to 65mph versus the 45mph 700. It is a sporty bike with some giddy up, but it has the suspension to handle it. Left a box of bullets on the seat all the way around the deer lease on bumpy roads and it never slid off. I’m installing a bilge fan and insulation under the seat to circumvent the heat issue, which is my only complaint when it’s hot. 3 grown men rode around in it all weekend with decent room. I’ve been in Polaris and Kawasaki’s, just don’t like the way the popo runs, and has problems, and the Kawasaki is heavy and slow(still built well though). The transmission in the Honda is better imo as it is not a belt drive like all the rest. The kawis don’t have locking front differentials, but the Honda’s do. I got an extended warranty for $950 to make it a bumper to bumper 5 year warranty. Drive to Mississippi and see Shaun at great river Honda in Natchez. Tell him I sent you, he will get you taken care of and have all the paperwork ready to go for you. Saved roughly 2 grand as there is no tax, and the base price is cheaper. I used that 2k to add a windshield and the extended warranty. I have 18.5 hours on it and 160 miles in 2 weeks. Here’s my switch panel too[emoji57] go get one, you’ll love it!

Comment

My brother has a 78 model mini bike in excellent condition that runs like the day it was made, 40 years old! I see 25 year old Honda motors all of the time that run perfectly. I have an 07 Civic EX commuter with 150k and I plan on getting atleast 350k more out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                    I'm on my 2nd yr with a Honda Pioneer. I'm happy with it. Also have a 10 yr old Honda Rancher that runs great. That's the reason I went with the Pioneer when I wanted a UTV. They make a really good engine.
                    Yes sir that's right . I also have a Rancher 420

Comment

Also, when you buy it register on the Honda sxs forum on tapatalk. Great info about everything. Already have all my electrical stuff ordered, dual battery set-up with isolator, stinger relay for master switch act power, 10 circuit fuse block, all the switches, and all kinds of other stuff for it! Just be careful when you start looking at other peoples rigs because you’ll be wanting to drop some serious coin!!

Comment

I have had a Honda Pioneer 700 for nearly a year. I bought it because my Polaris Ranger 900XP was back in the shop during deer season for third time in 4 months. I realized I had owned a Honda Rancher ATV four wheeler for nearly 17 years doing only annual maintenance while I went through 4 different UTV’s from Polaris, Kawasaki, and Kubota.
                        I will never own any UTV except Honda again. They ride smoother, are more tightly built, and seem to be better engineered.

Comment

I’m at 10 months of owning out Honda pioneer 700-4 I put Honda pioneer 1k shocks on it and it came with after market wheels and tires and roof, I put the windshield on it. Best machine I’ve ever owned!!!

Comment

I don’t own the Honda, but I was in you shoes a couple months ago. We looked at and drove every make and model of UTV before buying. Going into it the Honda was at the top of the list for me. But after driving them all it just didn’t measure up for the cost. Honda is behind the others in the UTV market. What really killed it for me was the transmission, and I wanted to like it. Also it wasn’t as comfortable as some of the others we drove, and it just felt less refined. I hear they are going to revamp the pioneer line soon, maybe they can catch up to the pack.

I think of it like bow shopping, go try them all and pick the one that fits you best. Gotta balance budget, quality, service, and how it “feels” to you. Window shopping on the internet only gets you so far.

Comment

Honda all the way
                              I have a 2004 Honda rancher that I do not do any maintenance on other than batteries and that thing always starts and always runs, incredible machine.
                              I’ve owned Suzuki, Yamaha, polaris and others but nothing comes close in terms of reliability and that’s the most important thing to me, I don’t care how cool it looks or how well it rides if it’s in the shop it’s no use to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X