Puerto Rico Aid Controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Rico Aid Controversy

Anyone else following this story? I've seen it billed as a deliberate action to make Trump look incompetent during the 2017 hurricane, or just bad leadership in the government. A few people have been fired already and a statement has been made that citizens who broke in and took these supplies will not be prosecuted.

Fed up with what they say is rampant corruption, protesters are demanding the resignation of Gov. Wanda Vázquez, who just months ago served as the island's Justice Secretary.

Originally posted by CEO View Post
    Anyone else following this story? I've seen it billed as a deliberate action to make Trump look incompetent during the 2017 hurricane, or just bad leadership in the government. A few people have been fired already and a statement has been made that citizens who broke in and took these supplies will not be prosecuted.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/20/79799...-hurricane-aid
    Never let a crisis go to waste... even if you have to manufacture the crisis.

Comment

I read a story on Breibart (irc) about it. It's as corrupt as they come but to withhold basic necessities from people that are in such desperate need is cold and heartless.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm fairly certain this same thing happened a few months after the hurricane.....while the mayor or gov. Were raising hell about how Trump was not doing anything for the people.
        That whole place is a crap hole for the same reasons mexico is.
        For some reason these places accept corruption

Comment

Yes the walk though video's of the facility are horrendous in the fact that a majority of it is infant and baby supplies.

Lot of people owe Trump and apology...but I'm sure he will not receive it.

Comment

I'm sure they will (MSM) look into the Clinton/Haiti situation next, when they have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
              I'm sure they will (MSM) look into the Clinton/Haiti situation next, when they have time.
              They did already.......nothing to see here was the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                Red Cross took in billions of $$$ for Haiti. They were to build/rebuild 1,000's of homes. To this day, they've built 9. NINE homes w/ $X,000,000,000's.
                Red Cross does good here but once the money starts getting filtered to other countries, it's a massive sham.

Comment

As much money was raised for Haiti everyone there should have a 1200 sqft home with a/c and an ice maker.
                  Same with PR. At some point people need to be sent to prison or learn to fend for themselves

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    As much money was raised for Haiti everyone there should have a 1200 sqft home with a/c and an ice maker.
                    Same with PR. At some point people need to be sent to prison or learn to fend for themselves
                    This is what Red Cross says about their funds to Haiti:
                    "Some of our disaster relief and recovery work is very visible: hospitals and clinics (we have funded more than 50), schools (we have renovated or reconstructed more than 40), and housing (we have helped more than 164,800 people through safe housing and neighborhood recovery)."
                    At least they're honest about their theft!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      This is what Red Cross says about their funds to Haiti:
                      "Some of our disaster relief and recovery work is very visible: hospitals and clinics (we have funded more than 50), schools (we have renovated or reconstructed more than 40), and housing (we have helped more than 164,800 people through safe housing and neighborhood recovery)."
                      At least they're honest about their theft!
                      yep and that's what it is, theft.
                      I dont give to them or organizations like them because it sure seems like some folks who are already doing pretty good take more of that donation than the folks who are suffering

Comment

Working...
                      X