Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse to eat feral hog...change my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to stop eating chicken then. I think a chicken is the nastiest creature on the planet.

Comment

You ever watched chickens? They eat their own crap..... nastiest little animal there is. D u eat ham and pork chops? Pork is pork. Try Iowa Parks deer processor- “Whitaker’s”- Bruce there makes hog sausage that will change your mind.

Comment

x 1,000,000 on the chicken .... OP must not know how they're raised

Comment

No pigs here, there yote and buzzard food

Comment

A skunky old rutting boar is not good. You can't cook the smell and taste out of it no matter how much garlic and other stuff you put on it. Sows in estrus are about as bad. If they smell skunky leave them lay. If not they are right tasty. Even cheap store bought boar hog bacon will stink up your house.
            Trapped feral hogs that are penned and fed out like domestic hogs are a lot better eating. I know a hog dogger in east Texas that catches, castrates and releases pigs only to harvest later on once they get big. Them barr hogs are real good eating.

Comment

If you feel guilty about it, I’ll help you by taking all the skinned and chilled 30 pounders you want to give me.

Comment

It's you. My wife used to be that way too. Maybe you need some hormone therapy!

Comment

This all reminds me of Pulp Fiction

“No, I ain’t Jewish. I just don’t dig on swine, that’s all”.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                    I would rather eat wild hog meat , than whitetail deer, you are missing out.

Same here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

ever seen how they haul live chickens? must suck to be on the bottom tier

Comment

Might get your nails dirty skinning one. Better not.

Comment

Wild hog is pretty much all I eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                            I would rather eat wild hog meat , than whitetail deer, you are missing out.
                            Same here. The only part I hate is cleaning them. Now javelina, it's horrible. I've always said if you can drink a Corona beer wit out dressing it up you can eat a javelina. Same skunky taste.

Comment

Nothing wrong with some wild hog. As stated by many you just have to keep the right ones and feed the buzzards the rest. We prefer wild hog pan sausage over store bought brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                                Boars are sometimes really stinky if they been breeding. Sows or gilts are very edible. Hard to beat wild pork tamales. Or pull the back straps and hams and throw them on the smoker.
                                Yea! Stay away from any boar that’s over probably 6 months old IMO but the sows and shoalts are as good if not better than commercial pork. As a matter of fact I had ground pork meatloaf last night that was awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X