Searching for Trophy Mule Deer Hunt 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for Trophy Mule Deer Hunt 2020

I’ve searched prior posts and done some research on prior recommendations. Here’s what I’m looking for: legitimate opportunity to find my father a bucket list trophy mule deer (30”+ or 190”+). Looking only for guided properties in US or Canada. Must be guided due to the limited time we have to spend pre-season scouting. Looking for 2020 (yes, I know I’m late to the table on this!)

Free range, low fence preferred.

We’re comfortable with the budget this type of hunt requires. The only recommended place I’ve seen that fits this criteria so far is the Jicarilla Apache, but given the potential for not drawing a tag or not being one of the top 2 qualifying bids, also looking for other options in Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, Alberta, or other states or provinces.
    Last edited by DimmitCo; 01-23-2020, 06:48 AM.

Originally posted by DimmitCo View Post
    I’ve searched prior posts and done some research on prior recommendations. Here’s what I’m looking for: legitimate opportunity to find my father a bucket list trophy mule deer (30”+ or 190”+). Looking only for guided properties in US or Canada. Must be guided due to the limited time we have to spend pre-season scouting. Looking for 2020 (yes, I know I’m late to the table on this!)

We’re comfortable with the budget this type of hunt requires. The only recommended place I’ve seen that fits this criteria so far is the Jicarilla Apache, but given the potential for not drawing a tag or not being one of the top 2 qualifying bids, also looking for other options in Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, Alberta, or other states or provinces.
    I know a guy that told me about some giant mule deer up in Oregon, I am sure 2020 would be out but 21 could be a possibility, it is a private ranch and they kill some toads, I think the cost is 12K or maybe more, I will try and get more info on it.

Comment

Im looking for a spot and stalk Archery, if anyone knows of a good one.

Comment

Graham Brigden in SE Alberta. No tags to draw. Most of his clients are repeat customers b/c he's got great quality bucks. Little to no fencing in his part of the world. We went in 2014. Brought home a mid 160's and a mid 180's....both with bow. PM me if you have more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          I know a guy that told me about some giant mule deer up in Oregon, I am sure 2020 would be out but 21 could be a possibility, it is a private ranch and they kill some toads, I think the cost is 12K or maybe more, I will try and get more info on it.
          This might be Highland Hills Ranch. I've bird hunted at HHR and there were monster mullies everywhere. Everything is top shelf at HHR, which is reflected in the cost.

Here's their website: https://www.highlandhillsranch.com/

Comment

Eastern plains of Colorado has some monsters, other than that you will probably have to go to Canada.

Comment

R K hunting in Utah
              Book a Hunting Trip in Utah and Wyoming for guided Mule Deer Hunting! Contact The R&K Hunting Company today! Let Us Put Together The Perfect Hunt For You!

Had some guys go they highly recommended

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far. Forgot to specify that we’re looking for rifle hunts

Comment

Eastern plains in colorado

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                    Eastern plains of Colorado has some monsters, other than that you will probably have to go to Canada.
                    Thanks. Are there any guide services you would recommend for this region?

Comment

I have thoughts on E Co. been a few times. Will PM you.

Comment

Thanks. Are there any guide services you would recommend for this region?
                        Go to Monstermuleys.com there is a lot of good info there.

Comment

Man I hate Sonora is ruled out

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Man I hate Sonora is ruled out
                            Me too...but have to stay north of the Rio Grande for the foreseeable future.

Comment

You'll need some PP for eastern plains I believe unless you can find some vouchers.
                              Big mulies can be found in lots of states and areas but they will bring big $$$. Get ready to pay.
                              Canada would be my recc. as well without PP.
                              Don't overlook some sleeper states and areas. We had a friend come up to hunt the ranch we work on, 1 PP area if any to draw, and he took and 190+ non typical.
                              You might find a private land hunt in Wyoming in a low PP area that fits your bill.

Comment

Working...
                              X