No announcement yet.

Would you shoot a mountain lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From reading the post, I'm in the minority on this issue. I don't have any desire to kill a big cat. I look at it the same way as some African big game. I don't have a desire to kill a zebra, or other animals other hunters choose to hunt. But at the end of the day I support other hunters in their endeavors.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Can someone quote all the "good stuff" so I can read it. Say a readers digest version if you will.

Not that bored yet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Cliff notes:

Some want to shoot one because it's on their bucket list, some don't because they just don't, some don't because they're morally superior hunters, and one deaf guy will shoot you in the face if you throw his cigarette butts back in his vehicle...

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
          From reading the post, I'm in the minority on this issue. I don't have any desire to kill a big cat. I look at it the same way as some African big game. I don't have a desire to kill a zebra, or other animals other hunters choose to hunt. But at the end of the day I support other hunters in their endeavors.

I feel the exact same way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            Cliff notes:

Some want to shoot one because it's on their bucket list, some don't because they just don't, some don't because they're morally superior hunters, and one deaf guy will shoot you in the face if you throw his cigarette butts back in his vehicle...
            LMAO

Ok, the spike I was watching just hauled *** from my laughter

I ended up reading both threads

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
              If there isn't a season, or it's out of season, we're not shooting. Laws and rules prevail. If you don't like the rules, make the effort and provide the information to change them.
              So you don’t shoot pigs?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Can someone quote all the "good stuff" so I can read it. Say a readers digest version if you will.

Not that bored yet

Lotta folks want to kill them if seen for a cool mount.

Smart wears black to hunt and looks like an angus calf walking to his blind. He fears for his life jokingly because he's slow...

One dude says its wrong to shoot something you come across in the woods and weren't pursuing when you walked out the door that morning. He pets coyotes and rattlesnakes in the woods.

A few dudes are astonished there is any fear toward mountain lions and would kill them with their bare hands on the very rare occurrence if ever approached. Their breakfast every morning is nails and turpentine.

There are some folks that don't have any desire to shoot one.

That should cover it..

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                Same as any opinion thread...
                Summation...
                Some people would...some people wouldn’t.
                And both groups have a handful of moral high horse jockeys that feel a need to prove superiority with a bunch of blah blah blah reasoning.

nailed it!! hahahaha

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I would, but I would eat it. I’ve passed on Bobcats, but killed a goat killer bobcat last weekend

Comment

I’d smoke one with the quickness!

Comment

Most definitely yes.

Comment

With my bow, yes! Otherwise, I would watch and appreciate it

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                          Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                            It’s cool to see one Texas or even get video or pics. The shoot right away logic comes from extreme fear.
                            I for one have zero fear of a mountain lion if I have a weapon on me. Since this is a hunting question I would have a weapon so I wouldn't even have to think about it. Shooting the first chance I get.

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                              Same as any opinion thread...
                              Summation...
                              Some people would...some people wouldn’t.
                              And both groups have a handful of moral high horse jockeys that feel a need to prove superiority with a bunch of blah blah blah reasoning.
                              No moral superiority here. I just want one of everything I can legally hunt.

Comment

Cost of taxidermy is way too much! I have no desire to spend that kind of cash on taxidermy. That’s my reason for not shooting
                                Last edited by fbchunter; 01-18-2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X