AG Exempt vs Wildlife Exempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AG Exempt vs Wildlife Exempt

I believe this has come up several times but, I'm not 100% sure of the answer. With the wildlife exemption you still get the exact same tax break as AG exempt, buying equipment?

Yes, wildlife is a type of ag exception with the same tax implications.

Comment

Not the same sales tax implications!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ag exemption saves me property taxes and sales tax on certain items. Can't say on wildlife. Odd that all feed at feed store is tax free regardless but not at buccees or other places....

Comment

Don't think so

Comment

With wildlife exemption you get property tax relief. You don't get an exempt tax number that you can give to stores so they don't charge you tax. Ag Exempt = some exemption on purchases. Wildlife Management = no exemption on purchases.

Comment

If you plant plots or feed wildlife, no tax exemptions?

Comment

In regards to buying equipment, no. You are not issued a tax id number with wildlife that you can use towards tax free purchases

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So, from what I know, you get the same property tax rate as you had under AG when you convert to wildlife. So, if you have livestock, bees, trees, etc., it would be at that rate.

As far as sales tax exemption.... let your conscience be your guide. . Obtaining a tax exemption status is pretty dang easy, even a caveman could do it.

Comment

While we are on the subject. Our land owner has recently asked us to send him our feed receipts for his wildlife exemption. Is this normal?

Brian

Comment

I just let my Ag/Timber expire. I wasn't using it like it was designed for anymore. My friends think I should have kept it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                        With wildlife exemption you get property tax relief. You don't get an exempt tax number that you can give to stores so they don't charge you tax. Ag Exempt = some exemption on purchases. Wildlife Management = no exemption on purchases.

Exactly right. No reason that you can’t have both. We converted from AG to wildlife and it’s same rates etc however their are allot of boxes to check and so far they have sent an agent EVERY year to verify we are managing enough to keep the exemption.

Ag/timber is the Easy one that saves on equipment etc

Comment

Taking about two separate issues. Ag/wildlife is filed in the county at the tax office and deals with property tax.
                          Ag/timber Is filed on line with the state and deals with sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                            I just let my Ag/Timber expire. I wasn't using it like it was designed for anymore. My friends think I should have kept it.
                            Oh my.....get ready, if you take land out of ag the appraisal district will.hit you for 5 years back taxes at normal appraised rate, 2 acres cost me $5000

Comment

Not the same a farm tax number I know, just a warning. Didn't realize wildlife didn't get same tax breaks on stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X