San Antonio Area Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was offered a job in downtown San Antonio. This will require us to relocate to the San Antonio area. My wife and I would like to live within 1 hour (60 miles) of downtown. What are some good areas to live in? We are not opposed to live in our travel trailer while our home is being built. We do not want or need a home owner’s association. All help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lived in Hollywood Park for 11 years and we loved it! Location is great and feels like the country. Houses are hard to find, but its worth it.

Comment

A lot would depend on budget and size of property I would think. Boerne, Comfort, Bandera, Pleasanton, Floresville. You have a lot of choices within an hour.

Comment

New Braunfels for me in your shoes

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
          A lot would depend on budget and size of property I would think. Boerne, Comfort, Bandera, Pleasanton, Floresville. You have a lot of choices within an hour.

Sorry I forgot the budget. I believe I have 10 years left in my work life so I would like to stay between $150-$250k.

Comment

I would look in castroville or Devine with the budget you have mentioned.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s help. I don’t know how this will turn out but I’m excited for the opportunity. Beats getting the pink slip for sure.

Comment

Commute should be a lot better from the south or west than it would be from Boerne or New Braunfels. I retired last year and it was taking me 45 minutes to an hour during rush hour to get to/from work at 410/Callaghan. Wife is still driving into downtown daily and I get a couple of calls a week from her complaining about the traffic/commute time from Castroville.

Comment

That construction on I10 between SA and Boerne is crazy. I’d shy away from that if possible.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Who will you be working for?

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                      That construction on I10 between SA and Boerne is crazy. I’d shy away from that if possible.

Sierracharlie out…
                      You are right about the traffic on IH-10. I have lived in Boerne for the last 13 years and am grateful that I don’t have to commute to San Antonio. It will get better when they finish the lane expansions.

As mentioned above, Castroville and Devine are good options. Both are great communities and the traffic is lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                        You are right about the traffic on IH-10. I have lived in Boerne for the last 13 years and am grateful that I don’t have to commute to San Antonio. It will get better when they finish the lane expansions.

As mentioned above, Castroville and Devine are good options. Both are great communities and the traffic is lighter.

I drive through SA on the way to the lease and normally I10 is better than the loops but here lately I’m beginning to question that.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
                          Lived in Hollywood Park for 11 years and we loved it! Location is great and feels like the country. Houses are hard to find, but its worth it.

We are right next to Hollywood park and love it. Not for sure you can find anything in that budget in the area though. There are some awesome lots in there.

Location is great though.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post

Sierracharlie out…
                            I respectfully disagree. The traffic is Somewhat bad and I get into town form fair oaks in 20-25 minutes every day. You should try driving down 35 from New Braunfels. 10 times worse coming from that way. I live in Boerne now and work in Jourdanton so I get the full affect of San Antonio traffic on my commute. It isn’t bad at all IMO. Austin, Houston and falls all have much worse traffic.
                            Traffic coming north on 35 from Devine area is pretty bad some days. Devine is nice but it’s small town. Nothing wrong with it all if that’s what you’re looking for.

OP, I would look at Boerne/Fair Oaks Ranch or Stone Oak/Bulverde area. Prices are higher but much nicer compared to every where else I think. Traffic on 281 is worse coming into downtown from than I-10.

Comment

Do you want to commute everyday? Plenty of decent neighborhoods inside 410 that are close to everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X