No announcement yet.

Who is the GOAT? Ask Rory McIlroy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOLFERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DEFINED BY THE MAJORS. You can't change the way we keep score just because y'all don't like the score.

Wins:
    Jack 18
    Tiger 15

Runner Up:
    Jack 19
    Tiger 6

Top 5:
    Jack 56
    Tiger 31

I mean, I can see why the Tiger fanboys want to change the parameters by which the GOAT golfer is defined, since their guy doesn't measure up. And who gives a rats *** what Rory thinks....I stopped considering the opinions of people on that side of the pond in 1776.

Comment

Could it also be said the competition is greater with new technology- stronger people, etc and more knowledge of the game and yet tiger still dominated like he did. Pretty good case for being the greatest

Comment

Did Rory play against Jack or during that time period?

Rory who?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          It's funny. Majors has always been the measuring tape...until Tiger didn't measure up and then the way to measure changed. If you can't catch the GOAT, then change the way that GOAT is defined. Typical of the generation.

Lol I agree. I give Tiger his props, but there are 4 or 5 greats that I would rank at the top for their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
            Could it also be said the competition is greater with new technology- stronger people, etc and more knowledge of the game and yet tiger still dominated like he did. Pretty good case for being the greatest

Yes, as long as you’re willing to abandon the way it’s always been judged and base it off something that Tiger leads in.[emoji849]

Comment

Jack only had to beat about 3 people on a given week...[emoji51]

Comment

GOLFERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DEFINED BY THE MAJORS. You can't change the way we keep score just because y'all don't like the score.

Wins:

Jack 18

Tiger 15

Runner Up:

Jack 19

Tiger 6

Top 5:

Jack 56

Tiger 31

I mean, I can see why the Tiger fanboys want to change the parameters by which the GOAT golfer is defined, since their guy doesn't measure up. And who gives a rats *** what Rory thinks....I stopped considering the opinions of people on that side of the pond in 1776.

Don’t state facts that fly in the face of what some people desperately want to believe. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Jack only had to beat about 3 people on a given week...[emoji51]

Yeah...their names were Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, Casper, etc..... pretty tough group to compete with. I know I'll never change y'alls minds, so I'll just accept the fact that y'all are 100% comfortable being wrong.

Comment

And Gary Player says that it is Jack so.......

Find all the latest Golf news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But much as I had previously suspected with Rory, he’s an idiot.

Comment

Yeah...their names were Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, Casper, etc..... pretty tough group to compete with. I know I'll never change y'alls minds, so I'll just accept the fact that y'all are 100% comfortable being wrong.

Old, drunk, hustler, good, Casper....really, Billy Casper is who you went with?? If you’re gonna cling to this lame idea,, at least bring Seve, or even Miller’s dumb ***...Billy Casper...

Comment

Old, drunk, hustler, good, Casper....really, Billy Casper is who you went with?? If you’re gonna cling to this lame idea,, at least bring Seve, or even Miller’s dumb ***...Billy Casper...

3 majors and 51 wins. As many majors as Vijay, Spieth and Stewart. Dale...you're pissing in the wind.

Comment

Who is the GOAT? Ask Rory McIlroy...

I know! Lol

Still think Tiger would school Jack in any era, with any equipment.

You don’t want to use wins for your argument though.[emoji1360]

Comment

I know! Lol

Still think Tiger would school Jack in any era, with any equipment.

You don’t want to use wins for your argument though.[emoji1360]

If wins was how GOAT was determined we’d have been talking about Sam Snead[emoji849]

Comment

Tiger fanboy here, all of you naysayers shut your mouth!! lol I'm triggered!

On a serious note, talking numbers you cannot say that Tiger is the greatest.

But what Tiger does and has done for the game of golf is undeniable, which was proven when he won the tour championship and the Masters last year. EVERYONE, golf fans or not watched it!

Comment

If wins was how GOAT was determined we’d have been talking about Sam Snead[emoji849]

Not anymore...

I watched some of the round 1 pairing selection last night, and all I learned is that we should all strive to be as cool as Freddy Couples at his age...or any age for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X