2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Zeke is elite. But elite is too expensive so pay dak and amari. They are much harder to replace. Let's hope new OC helps dak develop more. Cobb can't be any worse than hurns was. Gallop and Witten feel like we could do better on depth but better than a lot of other teams.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think Cobb is going to be an upgrade in the slot and Gallup is going to turn the corner. Hell if Dak hit Gallop on the 3-4 wide open gos down the sideline he missed, we'd be talking about what a ****** Gallop was with 3-4 extra TDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Cowherd the other day suggested trading Zeke for draft picks and then see how well the "new Dak" performs without him..

If he performs, we pay Dak.....if he doesn't then we offer a much smaller amount than the $35 mil hes looking for and build more around him.
      Can’t believe I’m saying this (Cowheard is a tool) but that makes pretty good sense

Comment

Jason and I were talking about this earlier in the week. Colin Cowherd is SPOT ON IMO.

Ezekiel Elliott is reportedly planning on sitting out of Dallas Cowboys training camp in hopes of receiving a new contract. Hear why Colin Cowherd thinks it isn't too crazy of an idea for the team to trade Zeke.

I love the guy “on the field” but NO way I let him hold me hostage. This is no longer a RB league...it’s a QB, WR, O Line, linebacker and lock down corner league! Plus, with all of his off the field choices so far....I’m not tying myself to him long term. Trade him!!
        Last edited by RascalArms; 07-28-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Cowherd the other day suggested trading Zeke for draft picks and then see how well the "new Dak" performs without him..

If he performs, we pay Dak.....if he doesn't then we offer a much smaller amount than the $35 mil hes looking for and build more around him.
          I listen to the Herd every day, I must have missed this. But I agree completely.

Personally, I’d never pay Zeke. He has a monster work load and I think eventually that will wear him down. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up suspended again.

Comment

So, when is the new thread for 2019 gonna start?

Comment

The Cowboys would be lucky to win 8 games without Zeke, he is a generational back, they don't come around that often.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                So, when is the new thread for 2019 gonna start?

Good point...started.. Thanks Mikey!

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                The Cowboys would be lucky to win 8 games without Zeke, he is a generational back, they don't come around that often.

Yes he is a generational back in a passing league.. Can't hamstring themselves by overpaying IMO.

Comment

Good point...started.. Thanks Mikey!

Yes he is a generational back in a passing league.. Can't hamstring themselves by overpaying IMO.
                  The rams pass a lot and have a great back as well, Dak is not a generational QB, he has to have a bad *** running game to succeed. They have the money and in 2-3 years the contracts will be bargains providing no bad injuries. The time to win is now, not later.

Comment

Yes he is a generational back in a passing league.. Can't hamstring themselves by overpaying IMO.[/QUOTE]

It’s tough but I agree, he’s generational and is very important to the offense. But can you count on him? Dak has not hit his ceiling I think and he needs a chance to prove him self. RB position has a short shelf life and Zeke totes rock a lot not to mention the off field issues that come with him. Safe money is on Dak.

I did look for the 2019 cowboys thread before resurrecting this one
                    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 07-28-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      The rams pass a lot and have a great back as well, Dak is not a generational QB, he has to have a bad *** running game to succeed. They have the money and in 2-3 years the contracts will be bargains providing no bad injuries. The time to win is now, not later.

Neither is the Rams QB yet. ....they both need a generational system to succeed. The Cowboys' was pre-historic last year....and has been called that by several analysts. Hopefully this Moore new dude can add some wrinkles to change it up.

Rams paid a truck load for Gurley and he got hurt...and they still made it to the Super Bowl. Missed 6 games. I'm still leery of a $15 million+ per for 5 years which is what I have heard he's looking for.

I think Jerry will pay it though. At 76 he needs to get it done now.

Comment

Moved it over to 2019...

Comment

Working...
                        X