Circulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circulation

I have a closet that has heat going to it, but the room doesn't heat up very well. It will if I leave the door open. My thought is hot air is trapped in the room due to door being closed and there isn't any circulation. Now the closet is very air tight. What besides leaving the door open can I do to get the air moving? I thought to cut the bottom of the door off about 3/4" above the carpet. Thanks in advance!

That might work or cut the door at the bottom and add a louvre vent.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Above the door you should be able to vent.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I would mount a vent right above the door. Use a wall register on each side of the wall where you cut the hole. If done right no one will notice it wasn't built that way.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Don't most interior doors have a gap at the bottom for this very reason?

Comment

Mine are very tight, as carpet is up to the bottom of the door. Guess I could cut the carpet Pile back.

Comment

Depending on the type of construction the door is, if it was me, I would simply pull door off and trim some off the bottom of the door.

Comment

4" Jumper duct or just cut 3/8" off the door. Doors should never drag the carpet.

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

What type blade for skill saw? Fine tooth? Tape both sides of door at cut

Comment

I would cut Sheetrock before I cut on the door. Make a transfer with 2 registers like mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you decide to cut the door, just make sure there is enough solid "meat" at the bottom. Worst thing that can happen is you cut through the bottom frame and your hollow core door is now open on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                              What type blade for skill saw? Fine tooth? Tape both sides of door at cut
                              Depending on the material type, I would apply masking tape to both sides and use a med to fine blade. If it a hollow type door, you may have to cut and install a replacement wood insert in the door if you end up cutting out the old one. I doubt it will though.

Comment

Working...
                              X