New Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Toy

Well we bought our first travel trailer last weekend, thought I would reach out to everyone here and ask what you recommend I should buy that would be good to have along with any tips or things to avoid/watch out for.

This is a new 2020 36'-6" Forest River Cherokee
    Attached Files

Gotta have those camping lights that hang off the canopy. Huge rug or piece of indoor / outdoor carpet for under the canopy, too.

Comment

Exactly what RLB suggested with an outdoor rug. They're fairly inexpensive at Wal-Mart and will save a lot of mud and dirt from coming in the trailer. We have any of our guests and kids take off their shoes outside and wear flip-flops or house shoes inside. If yours doesn't have an outdoor grill, I'd buy a portable one you can stick next to or under the bed during transport. I bought the Pit Boss tailgater and it works like a champ for cooking and is pretty care free being a pellet smoker.

Comment

Very nice, any particular place you have in mind to travel?

Comment

Agree on the outdoor rug if you can find an old piece of AstroTurf seems to work best for us

Comment

Agree with all above. If the awning is not electric you can buy a tie down strap to keep it from blowing away while you are gone. Yes, I'm an older dude that had manual awnings.

Comment

Surge protector if not already equipped

Comment

New Toy

Water hose parts. Washers and and new water hose ends. Nothing worse then a leaking hose after setting up.

Beer. Lots of beer.

Congrats! We love ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase!! We got
                  Ours last year and LOVE IT! Surge protector is a must along with the mat for under the awning. I added a bunch of small shelves and a magnetic knife holder that mounts to the walls. Great addition for keeping stuff from sliding all around. Also, we have learned the hard way how easy the hoses/pipes freeze during winter so I’ve made a skirting that goes along the bottom using foam boards. Add a heater and it keeps everything from freezing, which keeps your stuff from cracking and bursting.

Camping during summer is a piece of cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The wife and I recently looked at the same camper! What are you pulling it with? How does it pull? Congrats on the purchase!

Comment

Very nice. You will enjoy it.

Comment

Pay attention to the slides, specifically the seals around them. This won’t be a problem the first couple years, but can become problematic with some age. I had a 2008 sprinter, very nice unit and rain got in while the slide was closed up because the seals did not seal off correctly. Insurance claim got denied because of “lack of maintenance” on a very nice trailer. An expensive lesson for sure. Hope you enjoy it, they are a lot of fun!

Comment

Make sure to buy a quality surge protector. Single ply TP. And good water pressure regulator and filter.

Comment

If you’re going to be cooking for more than two of y’all, a propane griddle is a MUST.

Comment

A large awning to park it under when not in use.

Comment

Working...
                              X