Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    How? other cities and states handle it all the time. I understand building things on the cheap because we dont use it very often, cutting corners in every industry is a thing. Things like this are just an example of how fine of line we are all walking when it comes to things that we take for granted. A few days of unnormal uses and everything goes to crap.
    Gas heat and wood burning stoves instead of electric heat pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post

We should have a ton of surplus power available
      Well, when you factor in the number of big coal burning power plants that have been shut down over the last few years and throw in some gas units as well, the surplus just isn’t there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Yep. And they don't put heat pumps in their houses up north. Our first house was a rent house that was all electric. It sucked when it was cold. I swore I'd never own a house that didn't have gas heat. I've stuck to that. My air handler is still electric though, so I'm hoping our electricity stays on tonight and the rest of the week.

I need to get a generator before "next time".
        Same. Our 1st home was all electric, the dumb thing was the plumbed a gas line into the attic like they didn’t know what sort of unit was going to be up there.

New house has gas furnace and foam insulation. More better!

Comment

http://www.ercot.com/content/cdr/htm...onditions.html

You can watch the grid demand and supply at the above link. Wind generation at 6pm was 8,754 mwh.

Comment

Is this for the entire state. I am on CPS

Comment

And they are trying to be more green by adding electric cars...
              Add those 30 amp plus chargers to the system and see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                That is a huge outage if it’s not a rolling blackout
                It would have to be on the Transmission/generation side I would think for that large of an area.
                Yall are reading that PEC map wrong. That map is just the service area. Of the 350k meters, less than 4% have no power. I'm square in the middle of that service area and the power is still on here.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  I'm in this outage right now. Holy crap. [ATTACH]1040626[/ATTACH]
                  I am in this outage, but my power is till on.

My issue is tracking down where my water problem is. A well pump, A booster pump, a bladder tank & a storage tank.

one of those is blocking water from getting to the house.

I have a heat lamp on the booster pump area. But I am afraid it is outside the well house where the storage tank valve is to go to the booster pump. Guess I will use my pear burner tomorrow to see if I can thaw out the lines.

Comment

I have natural gas for anything I can and tonight the fireplace stopped working. Checked the stove and it barely had a flame. Went to Atmos and they are limiting the supply. So it’s not just electric.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      I have natural gas for anything I can and tonight the fireplace stopped working. Checked the stove and it barely had a flame. Went to Atmos and they are limiting the supply. So it’s not just electric.
                      This is my issue -

Comment

In Spring Branch and been 4 hours now.....still no power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are out here in White Settlement. Second time in the last hour

Comment

No power here for the last hour

Comment

North Plano went out for 30 mins. Some of you people in the business might know. I think they take some electric generation offline in the winter.

Comment

Mine just went off for 30 minutes or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X