Squaw Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squaw Creek

Can you believe this cr@p, bunch of Karens got this lake shut down again https://www.luminant.com/squaw-creek-park/

saw that... ridiculous

Comment

Hasn't been open in some time now.

Comment

Pretty sure it's been closed since the kung flu hit.

Comment

are the still some gators in that lake?

Comment

I assume they are worried about liability claims since they charge access fees to use the private park/lake.

Comment

I bet the fishing will be good when they do open up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                Pretty sure it's been closed since the kung flu hit.
                I know but the plan was to open again at least in the spring

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                  I bet the fishing will be good when they do open up.
                  ^^^^^this^^^^^

Comment

This sucks in the here and now category but it’s a good thing for the fishery IMO.
                    The lake has been ravaged in the last 4-5 years with fishing tournaments. Tons and tons of big fish getting killed after not properly getting fizzed after being drug out of deep water has really caught up to itself.

Comment

Well they should have stuck to their tournament ban like was the plan when it re opened 9 or so years ago. I remember reading in the rules only tournaments where money went to charity foundations were going to be allowed, that went by the wayside quick.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                        Well they should have stuck to their tournament ban like was the plan when it re opened 9 or so years ago. I remember reading in the rules only tournaments where money went to charity foundations were going to be allowed, that went by the wayside quick.

I fished it several times when it was shut down with Honey Hole and Bill Wilcox for their veteran's show. It was amazing how may 5-6 pounders we would catch in a 3 hour time period. Some of the vets I had in the boat couldn't hardly cast a bait caster, but they still caught them! It has really gone down hill the last 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X