Lease Openings 3-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scubasteven25 View Post
    You saved yourself some heartache in this area at that price. A relative of mine owns a couple hundred acres in that exact area and he hasn't had any trail cam pics and has seen only 2 axis does in 3 years. The several years prior he had a nice herd that he could pull at least one 30"+ axis buck every year. They're being run over by pigs now and he shoots minimum 2 each trip just from his front porch. There's still a few whitetails in the area but nothing to write home about.

Weird, I always go to GSP in Concan every summer since I was 5. I’m familiar with the Concan, Leakey, Campwood area. Have always had a good number of deer everywhere. I wonder what has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
      Weird, I always go to GSP in Concan every summer since I was 5. I’m familiar with the Concan, Leakey, Campwood area. Have always had a good number of deer everywhere. I wonder what has changed.

Hunted some Briscoe land outside of Concan a few years ago, rarely, if ever, saw a deer. Couple years later we heard anthrax wiped them out. Not sure if it was true, or if it’s common in that area, but I’ve got no better explanation.

Comment

Good luck on your continued lease search. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
          Hunted some Briscoe land outside of Concan a few years ago, rarely, if ever, saw a deer. Couple years later we heard anthrax wiped them out. Not sure if it was true, or if it’s common in that area, but I’ve got no better explanation.

I hunted Briscoe land about 12 miles south of garner myself a few years back.....we didn't see a deer all season and we were quick to leave....I had always wondered if a plague had swept thru at some point....i guess this may help answer some of my suspiciouns about where the deer all were....

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post

Yikes, I’m just trying to get back to hunting the hill country. I’ve had leases in Llano, Sonora, Junction and Roosevelt. I recon I should do some research on areas that get effected by anthrax.

Comment

Working...
            X