X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment, Covid Shot?

Short story,

Wife is pregnant.

Wife is a nurse and has until December 4th, to get the first jab.

Will not get the jab while pregnant.

Have read things back and forth, and not sure who to even talk to about this.

Can one get unemployment for not getting the jab?

Being pregnant does not qualify as an exemption.

Religious exemption more than likely will not work either.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I was not able to find it.
    Last edited by txhunter90; 11-16-2021, 10:01 AM.

My daughter just had my grandson yesterday, she’s also a nurse. I’m hoping she doesn’t have to take it. I hope they get this mess stopped. Good luck and prayers sent.

Comment

Where are you hearing that pregnancy is not a qualifying exemption?

The reason I ask is because my wife works for a big company, and if you are seeking fertility treatments, pregnant, or breast feeding you are exempt.

It really ****** me off that an employer can force a pregnant woman to get the shot when they have no clue what it could do to an unborn child.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
        Where are you hearing that pregnancy is not a qualifying exemption?

The reason I ask is because my wife works for a big company, and if you are seeking fertility treatments, pregnant, or breast feeding you are exempt.

It really ****** me off that an employer can force a pregnant woman to get the shot when they have no clue what it could do to an unborn child.
        They are basing their information off the CDC. But, her OB suggest her not to get it. Either way she will not get it while pregnant 100%. Her OB says its all experimental, when someone has issues they never point to the jab lol. My wife has the anti bodies currently from having covid early on.

Per CDC:

COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for people who are pregnant, breastfeeding, trying to get pregnant now, or might become pregnant in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          My daughter just had my grandson yesterday, she’s also a nurse. I’m hoping she doesn’t have to take it. I hope they get this mess stopped. Good luck and prayers sent.
          Really appreciate it, just crazy times. She has not been ever been without a job since 15, now 30. But, this is what savings is for. Thanks we will take all the prayers we can get. We are in alot better situation than others.

Comment

prayers sent for healthy pregnancy!

Comment

Sounds like she has a medical exemption from her OB telling her not to get it... Send that note to HR and see how they respond.....

Comment

This is total b/s . The reason she has to take is not the hospitals decision. It is the decision of CMS. They are the payers for medicare-medicade. If the healthcare provider wants to get payment from medicare or medicade then every employee must have the shot. That also includes any contractor that comes into the facility to do work. They want the healthcare workers to get the shot so they don't infect patients when they come in. It should be that if you receive medicare then you should be the one getting the shot not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
                  Sounds like she has a medical exemption from her OB telling her not to get it... Send that note to HR and see how they respond.....
                  This is the way we are going to try and go. Our OB has no issues putting her name on the exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
                    This is total b/s . The reason she has to take is not the hospitals decision. It is the decision of CMS. They are the payers for medicare-medicade. If the healthcare provider wants to get payment from medicare or medicade then every employee must have the shot. That also includes any contractor that comes into the facility to do work. They want the healthcare workers to get the shot so they don't infect patients when they come in. It should be that if you receive medicare then you should be the one getting the shot not the other way around.
                    Spot on, it is crazy how it is working out. She has worked with covid patients from the get go. Now she is getting the boot for not complying.

Comment

I am in a local group parents group where multiple people have filed religious exemptions with their companies and 1 is a nurse and they got it all approved last I heard. Definitely try to exercise every option possible. OSHA just got shut down from mandating too so hopefully this will make a turn around but it doesnt seem like we are going to see the light at the tunnel anytime soon unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                        Really appreciate it, just crazy times. She has not been ever been without a job since 15, now 30. But, this is what savings is for. Thanks we will take all the prayers we can get. We are in alot better situation than others.

Not really what savings should be for at all. Wife being forced out of a job because she won’t take a shot. It’s a crazy world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, I swear I saw where even the cdc recommended pregnant / nursing women to not get it??

What an insane clown show we are watching.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                            Short story,

Wife is pregnant.

Wife is a nurse and has until December 4th, to get the first jab.

Will not get the jab while pregnant.

Have read things back and forth, and not sure who to even talk to about this.

Can one get unemployment for not getting the jab?

Being pregnant does not qualify as an exemption.

Religious exemption more than likely will not work either.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, I was not able to find it.
                            She should go to work until they fire her. Then file and say she was fired because she's pregnant. I can't see being turned down for unemployment but I've seen much crazier BS so who knows.

Comment

I like the way RiverRat is thinking on this one. Good luck op

Comment

Working...
                              X