Any opinions about Dentures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any opinions about Dentures?

Okay, I'm getting old and lately my teeth are not holding up well, as I have two upper teeth needing crowns and 1 root canal. Half of one fell out of my head today. I know it won't be long before I have more tooth issues. Does anyone have an opinion on getting 100% dentures now versus fixing each one as they occur. Also, I am 16 months from Medicare. Thank you.

Dentures are the best decision you’ll ever make it is the cheapest and easiest and saves all kinds of headaches no telling how many thousands I spent on root canals and caps just to have them get brittle years later

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      Okay, I'm getting old and lately my teeth are not holding up well, as I have two upper teeth needing crowns and 1 root canal. Half of one fell out of my head today. I know it won't be long before I have more tooth issues. Does anyone have an opinion on getting 100% dentures now versus fixing each one as they occur. Also, I am 16 months from Medicare. Thank you.
      I would get them now. Not sure medicare would cover any dental procedures. Maybe someone with more knowledge about medicare will respond.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Are you the same guy that talked about spending a month in bed with your bride once you retire?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Are you the same guy that talked about spending a month in bed with your bride once you retire?
          Yes, that be me. Apples and oranges. Lol

Comment

In Houston it's hard to find them. Eveyone wants to do implants only. Between the wife and I we have walked out of 5 offices. Finaly got smart and went to the poor side of town and used Affordable Dentures.
            I adjust them with a dremel and only make super light grinds until the discomfort goes away. Might take 5 days.........

Comment

There's a set of dentures for sale in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                There's a set of dentures for sale in the classifieds.

Eweeeeee..........not for me.......

Comment

50 cents each out of the 5 gal bucket in the back of the funeral home. Mix or match

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
                    50 cents each out of the 5 gal bucket in the back of the funeral home. Mix or match
                    Just keep trying them until you get a fit ?

Comment

My grandma used to pop her dentures out and chatter them to scare us grandkids real good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Suggest you find and old timer DDS to do dentures

New kids coming out of school don't get the training

Dentures will do well if you have a well defined ridge. If not, problems. Implant supported dentures are a better option if the ridge is poor.

Comment

I’m having two implants done in July. Broke three teeth in as many years. Doc said I can get by on two. Total for implants, all follow ups and crowns will be around $7,500.00 bucks. And there went my elk money. And the doc said I actually had pretty good dental benefits. They are picking up $1,400.00 of the cost.
                          Last edited by Hogmauler; 06-29-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

There comes a point when it’s just not worth throwing money at failing teeth. Don’t know if you are at that point or not. It amazes me that so many people have the opinion to go the cheapest route possible with teeth. Being able to eat is a huge part in staying healthy. Traditional dentures are challenging at best. Depending on your age you are gonna need that bone to support them for a long time. Poor fitting dentures are useless and a waste of money. There are a lot of options. Even if you only have a few healthy teeth they can still be used to support a partial denture. There is a reason why most guys will suggest a couple implants in each arch to attach the dentures to. The implants preserve the bone and support the denture. You don’t need to spend 20k per arch to do that. The upper denture can work Ok without implants but the lower is a different story. You just need to find someone willing to give you options. We have the option to use less expensive implants that are designed to help support the denture. Good luck. It’s a big step and can be very frustrating. Feel free to PM me questions if you have any. Do my best to help you make an educated decision.

Comment

Ultra stealth on here does implants as well. Strawman implants are the top of the line as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X