Lonnie Dye Longbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonnie Dye Longbows

Does anybody know if Lonnie is still making longbows? I sent him a text last week and got no answer then sent him an email this morning and it came back as not delivered.

Just wondering if he's still in business?

I sure hope so because i should be getting pretty high on the waiting list!!!

Bisch

Comment

Not sure why, but I have been on the waiting list since May of 2013. I guess I can safely assume he doesn't have me on the list.

Wayne

Comment

He's still carving wood. I'll be going to his shop tomorrow.
        I'll ask him about y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
          Does anybody know if Lonnie is still making longbows? I sent him a text last week and got no answer then sent him an email this morning and it came back as not delivered.

Just wondering if he's still in business?

I talked to Lonnie and he said that he sent you a return text. Maybe something went wrong. Try again. He says that text message is the best way to contact him.
          He is inundated with messages, texts and email. It's possible that something got lost.

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          I sure hope so because i should be getting pretty high on the waiting list!!!

Bisch
          Don't hold your breath Bisch, it's a very long list. To be honest, you are not at the top. Be patient please, he is swamped. Can't rush quality.

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
          Not sure why, but I have been on the waiting list since May of 2013. I guess I can safely assume he doesn't have me on the list.

Wayne
          He says that you need to return his phone calls. He's called you several times but you haven't responded. He needs to talk to you to get your bow built.

Hang in there guys, he's in his shop nearly every day trying to get orders out.
          Last edited by Geezy Rider; 02-13-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

No offense but I couldn't wait four years on a bow. I don't know that I'll live out the day. That's a bit ridiculous.

Comment

DRT have you shot one of his bows ? Worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                No offense but I couldn't wait four years on a bow. I don't know that I'll live out the day. That's a bit ridiculous.
                It's not a four year wait. It's a lack of communication on the customers part.

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
                  DRT have you shot one of his bows ? Worth the wait.
                  The only thing I'm willing to wait that long on is heaven. I've paid off every loan I've had early. I don't wait in line at restaurants or to get a haircut. Taxidermy takes a bit but I quit a great one that took almost two years to get me a mount. Idk how long Bisch has been on the list, and the four years may have been miscommunication but . . . Well, I'm just not that patient. I wouldn't care if it were a Picasso. Sorry.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    Don't hold your breath Bisch, it's a very long list. To be honest, you are not at the top. Be patient please, he is swamped. Can't rush quality.

Hang in there guys, he's in his shop nearly every day trying to get orders out.
                    I don't believe I have ever done anything, or made any statement that could be construed as me not being patient, or me trying to rush quality!!!! I knew about how many orders were ahead of mine when I signed up!

I made my first post above based on the fact that Lonnie told me it would take 6 months to a year to get to my order. It has been nine months since he told me that, so I figured I should be moving up the list pretty good. Apparently, from your post, it sounds like it will be a bit longer.

Bisch

Comment

I'm sorry Bisch, I didn't mean to imply that you were impatient. I was just trying to be lighthearted and it didn't come across that way in print.

Comment

For what you get from Lonnie iit will be worth the money and the wait. There is a reason there is a waiting period. there's only one Lonnie and lots of needs. I probably just increased the wait for somebody . If you can't wait I have some selfbows. I don't build the laminate bows. Arvin
                        Last edited by Selfbowman; 02-13-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I have not gotten any phone calls or text messages from Lonnie, and I have had the same phone number for 16 years. Maybe he does not have the correct number for me, I don't know.

I actually talked to Lonnie about this at the Texas State Longbow Championship last May (2016).

I don't have any hard feelings about this, I just finally decided it was not in the cards for me to have one of his bows.

Wayne

Comment

i have one of lonnie's bows and it IS one of the best shooting bows i'v ever had, no matter what it's worth the wait, they are shooters and works of art.
                            jeffro

Comment

I ordered mine at the TSLC in 2014 and got it in the fall of 2016. It's absolutely beautiful and shoots like a dream. Smooth as butter! Lonnie did call me a couple of times during that period to update me on progress. I'm tickled with it. Well worth the wait, for me anyway!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X