Any pilots here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any pilots here?

Tell me all about flight school, what I can expect to pay, and how many countless hours of flight time I'd need before a regional would hire me.

I am, are you going to a school of just know a guy type of thing?

Comment

First, buy a plane
      2, fly alot
      3, you will need twin time so after the first 200 hr buy a twin
      4, many hundreds of hours
      If you rent all the way through getting a job your going to spend around 40k
      If you buy planes to get you through each step you will save thousands.
      You need basic, intreument, hi proformance( over 200hp and retract gear)
      Then instructor ( aquire hours training people).

Best advice....... Buy a plane and talk to instructors

Comment

Expensive but if that is your desire go for it.

Comment

Flywise is 100 percent correct. Fun times lol

Comment

Join the military get paid to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Bowhunter806 View Post
              I am, are you going to a school of just know a guy type of thing?
              I'm certainly giving it some serious thought. I'm not getting any younger and I can't say that I'm happy with what I'm doing for a living right now. I've got my bachelor's for whatever it's worth. Maybe that would help me if I decided to enlist in the Air Force. I went to high school with a guy that did went to flight school/got a pilot's license, but a DWI pretty much wrecked his future. What can a single engine plane be purchased for?

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                How many thousands of people enlist in the Air Force with flight ambitions that will never get the opportunity to fly aircraft? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by PEC View Post
                  this is what I would suggest looking into

Comment

Careful what you get........my brother and his instructors plane after the engine quit.

Comment

I have my commercial and instrument in helicopters. Are you set on fixed wing or would you be interested in rotary.

Comment

Just a guess..... Enlisting in air force and getting to fly is unlikely.

No one is going to hire you without at least 1200 hours and in that 1200 nees to be a lot of instrument time and probably twin time.
                        You WILL NOT make any money.
                        Say you get your 1200 hours in all the levels they want you to have, you then get a job on a commuter airline. Your going to make 30k a year or less. After several years you will make good money. You just have to know going in your going to be broke, with a lot of money out towards education. All that being said, its probably worth every penny in the long run. If you do not have patience, dont even think about it. If you do, its a great choice

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                          I have my commercial and instrument in helicopters. Are you set on fixed wing or would you be interested in rotary.
                          Helicopter would be great too. Half of what inspired this thread was remembering the fun I had riding as a passenger chasing bucks through brush country last season. How cool would it be to own your own helicopter and run surveys in south texas?
                          Last edited by JMalin; 12-27-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                            Careful what you get........my brother and his instructors plane after the engine quit.

Very rare this happens

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                              How many thousands of people enlist in the Air Force with flight ambitions that will never get the opportunity to fly aircraft? Just curious
                              Honestly I am not sure........ I don't know your whole life situation but if you have a bachelors degree you can enlist and make pretty darn good money right off. Also all branches of the military have pilots.

Comment

Working...
                              X