No announcement yet.

2014 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattled in a young 8 to about 15 yards and about five minutes after he left I saw a stud running through a small opening through the mesquites. That was all the action this morning, haven't seen too many does. Spreading some corn this afternoon hoping the evening will be better.

Comment

Might be worth it to hunt midday this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
        Might be worth it to hunt midday this time of year
        My TCs have actually shown decent movement between 10 and 2. I'm going to sit till 11 then go get some lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
          My TCs have actually shown decent movement between 10 and 2. I'm going to sit till 11 then go get some lunch.
          Good luck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
            Good luck!!!!
            Gracias!

Comment

In SW Wheeler county we're being run over with both doe and bucks. So far the count is 4 bucks (smallest one has been a 6 point) and 5 does. Bucks are chasing does but not very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                In SW Wheeler county we're being run over with both doe and bucks. So far the count is 4 bucks (smallest one has been a 6 point) and 5 does. Bucks are chasing does but not very hard.
                That's a good problem to have! Good luck!

Comment

Two very slow mornings in a row.Nothing seen but a few mule deer does and one small muley buck.Did see what i believe to be a cross breed yearling this morning.Mule deer head and body but a wide tail that was solid black.Flagged like a whitetail when it took off.Not seeing many WT does at all this year.Lets hope they will be moving this afternoon.

Comment

Just added a very uniform 8 point to the count this morning.

Comment

In different blind and got wasp out, but 2 flies in for every one i get out. It is HOT

Comment

I am actually in my climber in a cottonwood grove 300 yards from the nearest feeder. Gotta change the game up a little.

Comment

The doe i saw yesterday, away from feeder, browsed for 30 minutes and barely traveled 100 yards.

Comment

Wife got her first hog this morning. 20 yard shot with her rifled 20 ga from one of my bow blinds.

Slow movement otherwise today. Saw our cull 4x2 no brow whitetail this morning but no shot. Doe and nubbin this evening came in around 4:45 and a pair of small muley bucks came in and ran them off. We finally ran them off at dark.

Comment

I decided to take some time off from hunting. Movement has been pretty slow and the land owner hunted all week. They've been pressured quite a bit so I've been fishing instead. The bite is on at Ute Lake in New Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by fishanhunt View Post
                                I decided to take some time off from hunting. Movement has been pretty slow and the land owner hunted all week. They've been pressured quite a bit so I've been fishing instead. The bite is on at Ute Lake in New Mexico.
                                A friend from work has been going to Ute some. He was headed over there Monday but backed out due to windy forecast.

The rut seems to be picking up in south Hemphill county. I see lots of bucks trying and a few bucks with does. The bucks are chasing wether the does want it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X