Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5th Grade QB..... Coming on really Nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
    He’s still training Monday - Friday primarily strength and fits in a day with his private QB coach each week.
    Is his QB coach Matt Tittle?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
      Is his QB coach Matt Tittle?

No Sir. I don’t know who that is and I thought I knew them all around DFW lol. He trains with a few different guys. Robert Ratliff, Brad Frazier and Craig Nall depending on his schedule.

Comment

Appreciate it. He’s probably about 6’1ish currently and close to 170. He’s working to be about 180 for the fall. Hopefully a little heavier but 180 would be a good weight for him. If he hits a spurt 180 will come easier. I wish I had his metabolism [emoji1787]
        And I’m glad I don’t have your grocery bill!!!

I’ll continue watching your sons career, best of luck to him!

Comment

Just a little update.... Proud dad moment. He received his first D1 offer this evening as a Freshman.. he’s out in the work and definitely deserves it. Hopefully many more to come

That’s awesome. It’s going to be a fun and crazy ride through the recruiting game. Congratulations to your son and the family.

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
            And I’m glad I don’t have your grocery bill!!!

I’ll continue watching your sons career, best of luck to him!

Thank you Sir

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              That’s awesome. It’s going to be a fun and crazy ride through the recruiting game. Congratulations to your son and the family.

Thank you! Luckily I’ve been fortunate to have some friends that have gone through it and know all the ups and downs of the whole process. Just need to keep him focused on the controlables and stick to the script. Everything else is just noise

Comment

Is he on a 7 vs 7 team or are their plans for that in the future? What about camps, has he been to many yet?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                  Is he on a 7 vs 7 team or are their plans for that in the future? What about camps, has he been to many yet?

He does it all. Been on the US National Team 4 straight years. Went to one college camp as an 8th grader and planned to attend a few others this year as a Freshman but the ole RONA had different plans and cancelled that.

Comment

He does it all. Been on the US National Team 4 straight years. Went to one college camp as an 8th grader and planned to attend a few others this year as a Freshman but the ole RONA had different plans and cancelled that.
                    Awesome, it will be cool to see his progression as he gets mor PT and goea to more camps.

Comment

Thank you! Luckily I’ve been fortunate to have some friends that have gone through it and know all the ups and downs of the whole process. Just need to keep him focused on the controlables and stick to the script. Everything else is just noise
                      I love to follow recruiting and being around it when I was with the program at Texas, the main thing I learned is make sure you can see yourself at that school without the head coach and especially your position coach. Its a business and these guys move on the drop of dime.

Recruiting for QB is a whole another animal than any other position. Most guys commit early to lock in their spot as most schools only take 1 per class. Only 1 QB can play at a time, so paying attention to the roster is very important depending on what you are looking for out of a school. I think one of the hardest job for HFC is managing the QB room.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        I love to follow recruiting and being around it when I was with the program at Texas, the main thing I learned is make sure you can see yourself at that school without the head coach and especially your position coach. Its a business and these guys move on the drop of dime.

Recruiting for QB is a whole another animal than any other position. Most guys commit early to lock in their spot as most schools only take 1 per class. Only 1 QB can play at a time, so paying attention to the roster is very important depending on what you are looking for out of a school. I think one of the hardest job for HFC is managing the QB room.

I agree with you 100% and yes being a QB is a whole other animal. He didn’t pick the easiest position to love lol. Lots of drama and you get all the bad right along with the good. From hero to zero before you can blink [emoji23]

Comment

I agree with you 100% and yes being a QB is a whole other animal. He didn’t pick the easiest position to love lol. Lots of drama and you get all the bad right along with the good. From hero to zero before you can blink [emoji23]
                          might want to update this thread sir... i have been following along on twitter this fall, congrats to jake is an understatement

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            might want to update this thread sir... i have been following along on twitter this fall, congrats to jake is an understatement
                            It is fun to see the accolades roll in. I am looking forward to see were he ends up playing his college ball.

Comment

Just looked him up and watched some highlights. Good luck to the kid the rest of his high school career and at the next level. A lot to be proud of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is legit! Congrats to your son and all his hard work. It paid off!

Do you have any fresh tapes of him?

Comment

Working...
                                X