No announcement yet.

Lojack for vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of cheap gps trackers out there now. Just put one of the dots hidden in your vehicle and it will track it everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
      Lojack is pretty old tech now. We don't run the receivers in our cars anymore

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Yeah, I have realized at this point I meant lojack as an umbrella term for discreet gps tracking. To be honest, I didnt even realize "Lojack" was an actual brand/technology until diving into research on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
        Yeah, I have realized at this point I meant lojack as an umbrella term for discreet gps tracking. To be honest, I didnt even realize "Lojack" was an actual brand/technology until diving into research on the topic.
        Yeah installing your own GPS tracker is the way to go now.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
          Yeah installing your own GPS tracker is the way to go now.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
          Just to find one that is discreet, reliable and has an app...

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
              Just to find one that is discreet, reliable and has an app...
              Read fine print. Some of the cheap ones work off other users with the app to track your stuff

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Apple Air Tags.

Attach AirTag to everyday items, like your keys or a backpack, to easily keep track of them in the Find My app.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                  Great idea, but it only works if other iOS devices that have the U1 chip (ie. iPhone 11 and later) are around and only works when the tracker is stationary.
                  Airtags use a short-range wireless protocol that uses radio waves to determine location off of compatible devices.

Also, with the built in security protocols, iOS devices have the ability to notify users that a hidden AirTag is traveling with them. So, the thief only needs to carry an iPhone and eventually they'll know that they may be being tracked.

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                    iOS devices have the ability to notify users that a hidden AirTag is traveling with them. So, the thief only needs to carry an iPhone and eventually they'll know that they may be being tracked.
                    I did not about that "feature".

So if I have a airtag in my vehicle, will passengers be notified?

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                      I did not about that "feature".

So if I have a airtag in my vehicle, will passengers be notified?
                      I dont think they will be "notified" but they can check...

I'm only speculating of course, im not part of the cult that is Apple

After looking at some of the options I'm considering Bouncie, ~$75 for the device and then $8 a month. Seems to provide all of the basic features: tracking, DTC's, drive safety monitoring, 3 free roadside assistance per year. It is an OBD2 plug in, so not that discreet, but you can order an OBD2 splitter leaving your factory OBD2 where it is located and then tucking the tracker up and away somewhere where it is a little "harder" to find.

Comment

Working...
                      X