No announcement yet.

Tractor Horse power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently have a Workmaster 70 and it does mostly what I need but, I’m with the majority who say go bigger. I have plans to get a bigger one with a cab for the bigger jobs. You need to have the added weight if your going with a grapple, I’m struggling to move the bigger root balls right now. Getting a solid grapple is a must, not the Titan brand, I use it for picking up trees and for pulling up the yauponds.

Comment

Bigger…

We have three pieces of equipment for a much smaller place.

95 svl
      45 horse open tractor
      60 horse cab tractor

To be honest, we are still in the “heavy clearing” phase along with lots of grooming and shredding on our place.

We use a 125 horse case on the bigger ranch, and even that seems small for some tasks.

I’ll probably trade the open cab for a 100 horse with a cab next year, and won’t ever buy one without a cab and ac again.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
        Yellow jackets, bees in logs, wasps in low hanging branches, worst ones were bumble bees in a ground nest 37 stings.

U will end up with 2 tractors, a skid steer and an old dozer buy used and watch you tube repair videos.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        x2

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          As big as you can afford. 50 horse or less & you are going to wish you had more for some of that work. I would say 70 hp at least and think that is on the edge of not enough..
          X2!

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Spend more on the tractor. You will be glad you did in the long run.

Plenty of batwings on FB market and craigslist to be bought for reasonable prices.
            This.

With the work in the brush, I don't see a need in a cab. For the few times the ac will be nice you'll be cussing it when your in the woods.

We run 40 hp open cab on 200 acres and only once a year do I wish there was a cab and that's for about half a day. The only thing I wish we had for it is a 8 or 10' cutter for the pasture and a couple other places. A bat wing would be too much for places in the woods

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Update

I went with the John Deere 5075E with a 7’ shredder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice rig, I’m in the market for a new tractor also, were you able to find it on the lot or did you have to order it? Was there any negotiation on price? I hear the tractor market is screwed up also.

Comment

I would go used and get a 90-110hp John Deere cab tractor without emissions and a used 15ft batwing. Can get both for 30,000.00

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                    Nice rig, I’m in the market for a new tractor also, were you able to find it on the lot or did you have to order it? Was there any negotiation on price? I hear the tractor market is screwed up also.

There wasn’t a lot of negotiations but there was several thousand in rebates. I did everything online and it was delivered to the house. But, my local dealer had them on the lot. I went JD over Kabota because service is more than 20 miles closer and parts more readily available if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X