Need cheap IR scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need cheap IR scope

I had hog tearing up my yard about 1.5 years ago. After shooting a few, and at them several times, they finally decided this was not a safe place to be. Well, about a week ago they came back with a vengeance. I have tried sneaking out when the dog goes to barking, but have yet to see them. They are apparently coming when I am asleep. They were back again last night and tore up my yard pretty bad. I am thinking about a night vision scope for an AR15, but I am not going to spend thousands of dollars. I don't have anywhere to hunt other than my back yard, so I want to do this a cheaply as possible.

I found a couple of options on Amazon, are either of them worth getting, or just a waste of money? I have an EOTECH on it now, and where they have been rooting is about 75 yards from my back door.

and

I got 2 pictures last night of one of the hogs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Have I mentioned I HATE hogs?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitemark wraith.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a sightmark wraith only $500 and works great out to 100 yards. I got the 4x32 and it was hard to use at close targets but traded it for 2x16 and it is much better. You can even record shooting the hogs on a memory card and sit and drink a beer and laugh at the hogs getting wasted on video. Also these units are made on Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
            Sitemark wraith.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
            2nd this… also if cheaper is the name of the game, a red/ green light does the trick. Would pair up with your EOtech

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. This one? https://smile.amazon.com/Sightmark-W...8045140&sr=8-1

I see where it says Airsoft, is it good for an AR15 5.56? I will likely be shooting about 75 to 100 yards most of the time, is it suitable for that distance?.

Comment

If I were you I would consult with this guy. He was very helpful for me. Especially vs. buying from someone like Amazon.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Comment

Build a fence and get some sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Thanks for the recommendations. This one? https://smile.amazon.com/Sightmark-W...8045140&sr=8-1

I see where it says Airsoft, is it good for an AR15 5.56? I will likely be shooting about 75 to 100 yards most of the time, is it suitable for that distance?.
                    That’s it. I have it on my 270 and it has worked perfect.

Comment

I just ordered the Sightmark Wraith HD 2-16x28 Night Vision Digital Riflescope, plus it was on sale for $379. Thanks for the recommendations.

Comment

Can you pm me where you found it on sale plz

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
                          Can you pm me where you found it on sale plz

The Amazon link in my post #7 above, it's a Cyber Monday deal. Total price was $404 with tax for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Build a fence and get some sleep.

I've got a barbed wire fence, but it obviously won't stop a hog. I'd have to install about 600 yards of hog proof fence through overgrown trees and vines. I'll just shoot them every time I can and hopefully the survivors will get smart and stay away.

Comment

Working...
                            X