What is wrong with people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with people?

Not much bugs me in the way of what people do but I cannot for the life of me figure out why people feel the need to film things like wrecks on their phone and put it as a Snapchat story or whatever. If someone needs help why is it that the first thing some people do is grab their phone? That's not only disrespectful but it's wrong in every sense of the word. It's a sad day when someone can be laying on the ground dying and everyone's standing around with their phones out recording it. Like I said not much bugs me but that makes me want to punch someone in the mouth. That's pitiful and shameful honestly.

Not only do I not want to see that stuff but that person has a family that doesn't need to see that either.
    Last edited by okrattler; 11-18-2021, 10:33 AM.

I’m with you on this. It’s amazing to me how many people lack the ability to act in an emergency situation and rather revert to a voyeur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree and it goes well beyond that as well. People videoing assault and rape instead of helping or anything having to do with police officers.

Comment

The smart phone has turned people into idiots. People all want to video everything to post to social media and see how many likes and views they can get. There is not much interest in helping out fellow man. Lots of people cant go 5 minutes with out there phone. I am guilty of this a lot of times. I dont video anything, but I'm doing something on my phone way too much.

Comment

It's a society obsessed with a "look at me syndrome". They would rather see their name mentioned live on air or in the credits on TV than help someone in need. Phone are a great tool they they are also a curse. Nobody talks anymore, they text, even across the table from each other. Makes me sick.

Comment

Taking pictures of accidents, fires, etc., isn’t that big of a deal. The thought process behind it is not even new. Fifty years ago people would see something like the aftermath of a bad accident scene or a big structure fire and they would go home and tell all their friends and family what they saw. Usually they would go into great detail trying to explain what the person witnessed.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words and now they have the picture. Lookie-Loos have been around since there were cars and highway.

People gawking at scenes is routine and always has been. The problem I have with the cameras is that a person might be in position to help save a person’s life and they would rather take a video. THAT is a sorry piece of crap and it was just as sorry 50 years ago, before cell phone cameras if the person simply sat back and watched instead of helping.

Comment

It has gotten really bad. That whole situation about what happened on the train up in Philadelphia. Absolutely disgusting, for ALL people there.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                Taking pictures of accidents, fires, etc., isn’t that big of a deal. The thought process behind it is not even new. Fifty years ago people would see something like the aftermath of a bad accident scene or a big structure fire and they would go home and tell all their friends and family what they saw. Usually they would go into great detail trying to explain what the person witnessed.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words and now they have the picture. Lookie-Loos have been around since there were cars and highway.

People gawking at scenes is routine and always has been. The problem I have with the cameras is that a person might be in position to help save a person’s life and they would rather take a video. THAT is a sorry piece of crap and it was just as sorry 50 years ago, before cell phone cameras if the person simply sat back and watched instead of helping.

This, piece of clap gonna be a piece o clap.

Comment

These days your emotions are directly tied to the amount of views/replies you get on a social media post.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

That's more or less what I meant. People standing by when someone is in need. If you think about it it's the same as the whole George Floyd incident. Everyone was all up in arms over the whole thing but there was plenty of people standing around filming him getting choked down. None of them stepped in.........

Not comparing an innocent child hurting to a criminal getting killed while people film but I'm just saying things like that shouldn't happen. People should have the decency to step in and help when they can. It's pretty heartless to just stand there and do that when a life can be saved instead.

My way of thinking is if you ain't there to help get the hell out of the way so that the Police and EMT's and Firefighters can do their job. Those people have a hard enough time doing their job without that.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 11-18-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      It's a society obsessed with a "look at me syndrome". They would rather see their name mentioned live on air or in the credits on TV than help someone in need. ..............
                      you got it

Comment

Did ya'll see the story a couple months ago of the lady getting raped on the subway? People recorded it instead of trying to help her........

Comment

This happened to a friend of mine a couple of years ago. She was T-boned in an intersection which flipped her (high center) vehicle on its side. In order to get out, she had to either break the windshield or haul herself UP in order to climb out the driver’s-side window. At her age, she said, she was not in shape to do either so she knew she needed someone to help.

As she’s looking out her windshield (like a fish in an aquarium, she said), she noticed several people gathered to watch her but nobody coming to her assistance! Sadly, they all stood there, with iPhones up, capturing her distress to almost certainly post it on their social media accounts.

Finally, two gentlemen came to her rescue and helped by lifting her out of her car. She couldn’t help but notice, she said, that the gentleman who helped her were closer to her age (over 50 at the time) and in no better physical condition to help her than she was to help herself while the folks standing by who were capturing video on their iPhones were, generally speaking, in the 30-and-under-crowd.

I honestly don’t know how dead a person needs to be inside in order NOT respond to the natural inclination to help a fellow human being in distress. And $10 says these same people would sooner go out of their way to help stray dog or cat.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            That's more or less what I meant. People standing by when someone is in need. If you think about it it's the same as the whole George Floyd incident. Everyone was all up in arms over the whole thing but there was plenty of people standing around filming him overdosing on fentanyl. None of them stepped in.........
                            Hope you don’t mind but your post needed fixing.

Comment

We walk by a dozen recording cell phones going to murders. People will climb balconies to get pictures of dead people. Daily!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X