Tesla License Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
    Our Lexas does not have a spot to put a plate. Was pulled over once and showed the officer the plate in the trunk and asked him to show me where to drill the holes.
    I guess it would have to go to a body shop to figure it out........
    Had this same situation, and the officer said it's not up to him to put the car together.. Ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      Had this same situation, and the officer said it's not up to him to put the car together.. Ticket.
      Probably fresh out of Popo school and gonna save the world starting with you.

Comment

I was driving through Eden a few years ago and got pulled over twice in about 3 or 4 miles for it. No ticket but they were really pissy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Bailing wire always worked for me.
          Another excuse to pull you over. Did that once and a policeman stopped me and asked why it was wire on. Of course, no plate is another excuse.

Comment

I don't have one on my F150, but I have antique tags. I thought that was the only way you didn't have to have one.

Comment

I got pulled over going 25 mph t the lake for not having a license plate on front( Bell county ) in about 1990. When all was said and done I got thrown in jail for no insurance. Friday afternoon to Monday at noon. Now, you don’t need insurance or a lp on the front bumper......go figure

Comment

My wife's last car did not have a front lp bracket. She made it a year or two before she got pulled over and got a warning for no front lp. We bought a bracket off the internet and put it on there in about 5 min.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  DPS I think is only one anymore that will pull you over. Just because it gives them probable cause. Seize the opportunity. Gave me a warning last time.
                  This! I don’t run one on my c7 corvette because, frankly they look like crap on the front.

I do have a front plate on the C2 vette, but they actually designed a nice bracket for the front between the two bumpers. These 1965 plates came from a TBH’er and I had them restored.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1AB5F5DE-D2CC-4B16-83A2-A36DCB0B4CF1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	24654186

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                    This! I don’t run one on my c7 corvette because, frankly they look like crap on the front.

I do have a front plate on the C2 vette, but they actually designed a nice bracket for the front between the two bumpers. These 1965 plates came from a TBH’er and I had them restored.

[ATTACH]1053435[/ATTACH]
                    It certainly looks less out of place. But the engineers and designers put the split in the bumper for looks, not a license plate. Not to mention that plate covers up the chrome piece that runs the width of the car.

Sweet car BTW.

Comment

Designers considered plate location and brackets as part of design back in the 60’s pup.

Comment

The law says you're supposed to have one. Most just throw it up on the dash so it's not too "ugly" I'm just happy when I see a real plate on the back instead of paper...

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                          Designers considered plate location and brackets as part of design back in the 60’s pup.
                          You think so? I prefer the no plate, so I am bias, but looking at the chrome and body lines, I don't know that the car actually had the plate designed into it. Looking at your plate, it looks like a bracket that attaches to the front bumper so the owner has the option of plate/no plate.

The plate looks good on your car, as opposed to say the new BMW 3 series, where the massive grill is meant to be broken up by the euro front plate or the car looks like it has buck teeth.

Comment

son throws his on the dash... also hate the paper plate that you see on these old arse car /trucks, no dang good an well its a bogus paper plate, but they manage it

Comment

Its actually not legal on the dash. Case law has upheld it has to be affixed to the front and back. Do I write tickets for it, no, but sure find a lot of people to put in jail in the middle of the night stopping cars for it

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                                Its actually not legal on the dash. Case law has upheld it has to be affixed to the front and back. Do I write tickets for it, no, but sure find a lot of people to put in jail in the middle of the night stopping cars for it
                                True.

Let us not forget Timothy McVeigh was originally stopped for a broken tail light

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X