Water well test kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well test kits?

Pretty sure my well water is good but curious if others with a well use a certain test kit to test your water.

Not sure what to look for in a test kit. Maybe they're all the same?

Years ago when we had a well, I took a sample to the county and they tested it for me.

Comment

Well Water Test Kits – Watercheck
      Well Water Test Kits From Watercheck. Get Expert Analysis and Real Lab Results. Keep Your Family Healthy. Order Today.

Comment

Wife was looking at using A&M. Anything wrong with using them to test the water?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Wife was looking at using A&M. Anything wrong with using them to test the water?
          They will tell you what's in the water, the same as the county, what the bacteria levels and chemicals are in your water.

Comment

check with your county. Gillespie county, for example, will do a test if you follow their procedures. Full chemical/bacterial test is $12 if I recall

Comment

In Gillespie County, the Water Quality Board will give you the sterile bottle and you collect it from the source. You have to sterilize the hydrant first with a torch to remove any bacteria that may be in and on the hydrant. You are supposed to let the hydrant run for several minutes before you collect the sample. It then has to be taken to Kerrville to another office to do the analysis. I can't remember the name of the Kerrville office that does the analysis but I can get the information later this evening.

Comment

Your county should do it for you there are a bunch of labs that will do it for you but it is a pain in the *** to catch ayou up clean sample I have taken hundreds of samples toTCEQ approved labs for municipal wells and it is not real simple to get your clean sample

Comment

Working...
                X