"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
    either way there are 0 deer and 0 pigs at granger lake anyways!!!!Carry On!!!!
    I saw a sow at the Taylor Whataburger

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

CCW would be the way to go.

Comment

Piggies started showing back up last week in daylight. It's getting time guys!

Comment

exploring manana. I like ghost hunting for the great fabled non existent HOG. Got feed saved for deer but no draw so feed the night time ghosts. If wind is down, canoe. And scatter lots of pears if I see an area promising.

Comment

Walked about 3 miles today. Tossed about 50 pears and some corn from last year where I go often. Even after the rains which help see whose making tracks, no sign no tracks to speak of?
            Maybe this virus was a swine flu after all. The farmers would love that but not the hunters!

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
              Walked about 3 miles today. Tossed about 50 pears and some corn from last year where I go often. Even after the rains which help see whose making tracks, no sign no tracks to speak of?
              Maybe this virus was a swine flu after all. The farmers would love that but not the hunters!
              Which area were you walking around in? Planning on heading out this weekend for some scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by b3ar View Post
                Which area were you walking around in? Planning on heading out this weekend for some scouting.
                I did my first ever scout down at the dam at the flood overflow area. Very interesting and challenging. Better be in great shape to go much distance. Plus skeeters. Mud. Pigs like mud and swampy so maybe? I would hate to haul out meat there if I ever get to take a shot. Like Navy Chief said, none exist. I will stay to easy flatter areas. If tough enough that area might offer some promise?? for a single dove or a snake in the canes, or?

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
                  I did my first ever scout down at the dam at the flood overflow area. Very interesting and challenging. Better be in great shape to go much distance. Plus skeeters. Mud. Pigs like mud and swampy so maybe? I would hate to haul out meat there if I ever get to take a shot. Like Navy Chief said, none exist. I will stay to easy flatter areas. If tough enough that area might offer some promise?? for a single dove or a snake in the canes, or?
                  and per your original question I bypassed with another walk about comment, not meaning to, and before my new noted adventure, I walked some of the gravy easy areas that exist out many gates. San Gabriel area as one area. Saw nothing inspiring. Still had fun.
                  Last edited by toomuchsun; 10-06-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Might try to sneak away and head to Granger. I’ll be protected and hope to arrow a pig or two with my longbow.

Comment

Might have to get up there and get blood on some VPA or Grizzly Instinct heads. Even some Snuffer 160 grains.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                        Might have to get up there and get blood on some VPA or Grizzly Instinct heads. Even some Snuffer 160 grains.

You need to do less posting and more driving! Haven’t seen you in years.

Comment

Yea missed last couple GRXH due to church commitments. Retired now working part-time Security and monitoring granddaughter as she is doing school virtual. Hope to be able to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to get to park or primitive boat launch. Tough to justify that for a day hunt. I'll try to post up when I get headed that way, so we can push pigs.

Comment

Might need to do a turn around some week day that I don't work or have Grandpa duty. It would be stretching things, but ...

Last edited by Wudstix; 10-30-2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                              Yea missed last couple GRXH due to church commitments. Retired now working part-time Security and monitoring granddaughter as she is doing school virtual. Hope to be able to make the 2 1/2 hour drive to get to park or primitive boat launch. Tough to justify that for a day hunt. I'll try to post up when I get headed that way, so we can push pigs.

What is GRXH?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CherokeeATX View Post
                                What is GRXH?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                                *cracks knuckles*

Ok, so imagine what would happen if you took 60 bow hunters and left them in the woods for a few days with nothing but bows, no food, and a few dozen gallons of booze...

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X