This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    That's stupid. If the Big 12-2 still actually had 12 teams they would be split in two divisions playing 8 conference games and a real conference championship just like the SEC and you wouldn't be stuck on that 9 game ****.
    Lol. The ACC and SEC are headed that direction. The B1g, Big 12 and Pac 12 all play 9. There's nothing stupid about everyone playing the same number of conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
      Really, the Big 12 has Kansas. lol

And the SEC, up until this year, had Kentucky and A&M. Maybe Kansas will flip it to above mediocre with their new coach too......

Kansas and A&M both think they have a gauntlet schedule to put it into perspective.. Alabama thinks its a cakewalk..
      Last edited by Smart; 12-06-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        And the SEC, up until this year, had Kentucky and A&M. Maybe Kansas will flip it to above mediocre with their new coach too......

Kansas and A&M both think they have a gauntlet schedule to put it into perspective.. Alabama thinks its a cakewalk..
        mmk..Does OU think it's a cakewalk?

Hard to believe, but Kentucky has more talent than all but 2 teams in the Big 12 per 247composite. Vandy is the lowest in the SEC but ahead of 4 teams in the Big 12 (and the Big 12 has 4 less teams).

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          mmk..Does OU think it's a cakewalk?

Hard to believe, but Kentucky has more talent than all but 2 teams in the Big 12 per 247composite. Vandy is the lowest in the SEC but ahead of 4 teams in the Big 12 (and the Big 12 has 4 less teams).

Evidently not completely since they lost in the Cotton Bowl...but their schedule says they were quite successful otherwise. Which is my point on perspective...

Ahhh yes...the subjective 247 composite that is lights out accurate. LMAO... carve that narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Games are scheduled that far out in many cases. Not ND fault.
            Well they shouldn't get the praise heaped on them for beating every team that was good 10 years ago.

Comment

You can dig deeper and get to the real bottom of the SEC. Ole Miss and Arky.

Of course Ole Miss put it on Tech this year.

If the NCAA and CFB Committee want to make it really interesting they ask every team to play at least one power 5 opponent in non-con to get a better look at how things stack up. I've looked back and the only SEC-W/BIG12 matchup I found without digging deep was Ole Miss/Tech.

Why doesn't the BIG12 reach out to their neighbor more for quality games?

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                You can dig deeper and get to the real bottom of the SEC. Ole Miss and Arky.

Of course Ole Miss put it on Tech this year.

If the NCAA and CFB Committee want to make it really interesting they ask every team to play at least one power 5 opponent in non-con to get a better look at how things stack up. I've looked back and the only SEC-W/BIG12 matchup I found without digging deep was Ole Miss/Tech.

Because the SEC OOC is full up of the Lamars, Texas States, UTSAs, Citadels, and Northwestern Louisiana states type games. Texas reached out to LSU and Bama and fit them both in. And they play Georgia in the Sugar. ....
                Last edited by Smart; 12-06-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post

Your wish is my command...

Texas has LSU, Arkansas, Alabama and Georgia already scheduled. Happy?

Went ahead and threw in Michigan and Ohio State for good measure. As much as I may miss playing ATM, I am much happier with this arrangement. Variety is the spice of life.
                  Last edited by Rush2Judge; 12-06-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

The Big 12 will have an excellent chance to prove that the SEC is not as tough as most think that it is. Bama/OU, Georgia/TX and Mizzou/Okie State. Am I missing any other Big 12/SEC matchup????
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

Man I hate it when that happens

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        The Big 12 will have an excellent chance to prove that the SEC is not as tough as most think that it is. Bama/OU, Georgia/TX and Mizzou/Okie State. Am I missing any other Big 12/SEC matchup????
                        Adios,
                        Gary
                        Meh. It's Herman's 2nd season. They need a couple more years to see how they measure up. They are significantly ahead of schedule just being in that matchup. Everyone knows that and expects UGA to win.

I hope Alabama takes OU out behind the wood shed. Screw conference rah rah. Roll Tide.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Because the SEC OOC is full up of the Lamars, Texas States, UTSAs, Citadels, and Northwestern Louisiana states type games. Texas reached out to LSU and Bama and fit them both in.
                          Texas has one lonely OOC opponent that isn't Little Debbie - LSU

Putting Rice and LA Tech on a schedule that already includes Kansas, Tech and KS doesn't lay the groundwork to argue for SOS.

Comment

Just checked the Sooner's OOC schedule. While not as tough, there are some interesting matchups. Nebraska in '21 and '22 could be nostalgic. Hopefully, Neb will make some great strides in the next couple years to make it competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

Went ahead and threw in Michigan and Ohio State for good measure. As much as I may miss playing ATM, I am much happier with this arrangement. Variety is the spice of life.
                              That's every year for the Aggies. 4 of 4 in 2019, and 3 of 4 every year.

Add in Clemson in place of Kansas and you have yourself a schedule.

Comment

Well aren't you special? The request was to add SEC teams to our OOC schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X