This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I was editing to reflect that preference.
    As an Aggie fan I'd like the 3rd to be Vandy, or Tennessee.

The schedule looks brutal enough as is.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Hell they don't get rewarded for winning their conference in the playoff ...why stop there?

8 team playoff minimum!

Sign me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why does it need to be 9 conference games again? What is wrong with 8? If they want to change, why not make it 10?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          Why does it need to be 9 conference games again? What is wrong with 8? If they want to change, why not make it 10?
          Simple, really. Every P5 except the ACC and SEC play 9 with 3 OOC games.
          Last edited by Chad C; 12-06-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Under the current CFP format, each conference has to position itself however it feels that they have the best opportunity to get at least one team in. The existing formula has worked so far for the SEC, based on the perceived overall strength of the conference. As other conferences revise their respective formulas, I'm sure the SEC is also continually evaluating to elevate their teams.

Similarly, individual teams have to look at conference vs OOC scheduling to best suit their program goals, depending on the (perceived) status of their program.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              Simple, really. Every P5 except the ACC and SEC play 9 with 3 OOC games.
              But those two conferences have the most appearances and wins in the college playoffs. No need to change unless proven otherwise. As a fan, I would rather see more conference games.
              Last edited by JeffK; 12-06-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

But those two conferences have the most appearances and wins in the college playoffs. No need to change unless proven otherwise. As a fan, I would rather see more conference games.
                Exactly. The playing field is not level. The late season cream puff needs to be replaced with a quality foe. You proved the opposite point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

They should all play a minimum of 9 conference games. Period.

Comment

There are plenty of 'quality foe' without adding in an additional conference game for the SEC, even though I think they should. The Aggies have Texas State, Lamar and UTSA. With Clemson as OOC and Georgia/S Carolina as cross overs I don't think anybody could call the Ags schedule too soft.

The 3rd game would be great, but it's far from a requirement to be considered a legit schedule.

For a reference point, the media darling Notre Dame, only has three decent games next year. Georgia, USC and Michigan. There are some big names on the schedule, but they are mostly teams that were good 5-10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                      For a reference point, the media darling Notre Dame, only has three decent games next year. Georgia, USC and Michigan. There are some big names on the schedule, but they are mostly teams that were good 5-10 years ago.
                      Games are scheduled that far out in many cases. Not ND fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        They should all play a minimum of 9 conference games. Period.
                        That's stupid. If the Big 12-2 still actually had 12 teams they would be split in two divisions playing 8 conference games and a real conference championship just like the SEC and you wouldn't be stuck on that 9 game ****.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          That's stupid. If the Big 12-2 still actually had 12 teams they would be split in two divisions playing 8 conference games and a real conference championship just like the SEC and you wouldn't be stuck on that 9 game ****.
                          Kent, you're better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Exactly. The playing field is not level. The late season cream puff needs to be replaced with a quality foe. You proved the opposite point.

Really, the Big 12 has Kansas. lol

Comment

Another one bites the dust from the Old Finebaum Show. “Jim from Crestwood” had a heart attack after the game Saturday. He would have fit right in on the Off The Rail Green Screen. Good Lord he was something when he got rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Kent, you're better than this.

Is he though? He seems to be bent out of shape in the football threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X