Remington Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington Sucks

I traded for a 700 SPS Varmint .308 with an Athlon Argos 6-24x50 a couple weeks ago. I did a ladder test with magnum primers (what I had on hand), and 45.5 grains of IMR 4064 with a 150 grain Gameking showed promise. I loaded up 5 rounds each at 45.5, 45.7, and 50 grains and tested them this evening. 45.5 seems like the way to go. 0.74”, 5 shot group from a bone-stock rifle.
    Attached Files

All my bone stock Remington rifles suck, . My 257 Roberts sucks so bad it puts all the bullets in the same hole.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
      All my bone stock Remington rifles suck, . My 257 Roberts sucks so bad it puts all the bullets in the same hole.
      I have a 300 Rum and a 7mm rem Mag that’s the same way. I have had a few pretty chitty ones, but the good ones are great.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
        No kidding! why put a bullet somewhere your already been put one..??

Comment

I recently traded for a 5r and it’s just awful. Not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still can't get over that trigger fiasco

Comment

Bought an adl for $279 and it shoots great

Comment

How do you like the athlon??

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                  How do you like the athlon??
                  It’s decent. I’d really call it more of a 6-18, as the glass gets kind of fuzzy on the top end. It is FFP, so at least the reticle still works. I haven’t cranked on the turrets, so no report on tracking at the moment.

Comment

I’ve heard reports of Remingtons QC getting a little better from more than just Robert, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. I can’t say that I ever had a Remington shoot bad, but I’ve dang sure had them not meet my QC standards. My Model 7 came without an extractor or extractor cut. I had to have the bolt milled. That was about 4ish years ago when it was bought new.

Comment

Never had a complaint with any Remmy I owned all would go better than 1" with there fav loads...And they never shot without me pulling trigger..Heard of such but thats it...I probably owned 15 in my life...Model 7/700 ADL and BDS /788...None in my stable now gone to TC Encore and bunch of barrels...Dont need but 1 shot anyway!also got a couple sentimental Lever Action...That just sit in stable...

Comment

Yea I have 6 bone stock sucky arse remmys that shoot sucky sub moa groups also. Way better that a piece of chit savage of any kind. I wouldn't own one of those rattling flemsy pieces of junk.

Comment

I have a Remington 700 Long Range in .30-06 that shoots those same sucky sub-moa groups! Hate it when that happens

Comment

My 700’s in 308, 223 and 300blkout all with 5r barrels suck so bad, they put bullets in the same hole time after time. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Comment

Their design is awesome. It's the QC that is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X